We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coronado springs

Bathgate, Scotland...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Coronado springs

I go in 5 weeks staying at the c...springs just wondering why it's getting so many bad reviews I have stayed at most of the hotels value and moderate and wilderness lodge have always been fine this time we decided to stay at a different hotel from my dd son in law grand kids they are staying at aoa think I might have made a mistake would just like somebody to put my mind at rest and let the excitement begin thanks in advance for any advice

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Coronado springs

We were there in February and I was fine with it. I probably wouldn't choose CSR with little ones-it's a bit grown up and not as themey as, say, Art of Animation or Port Orleans Riverside. The pool at CSR is very nice, especially the hot tub area, and the rooms are comfy. It is very spread out but so are Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside. I find the fact that it is a convention hotel keeps the buses and pools quieter during the day. The feature pool can get a little, uhm, festive at night depending on the convention. I was there with a convention full of dairy farmer types who like a 9:00 bedtime. A friend who went for a dance competition had a MUCH different experience.

In context:

I was at WDW just this month with two girls (10 and 13) and chose a Royal Room at Port Orleans Riverside but recommended Coronado Springs for my 26 year old daughter's couples trip with her boyfriend. The girls enjoyed the princess theming at Riverside and my DD will like the on-site gym and more adult feel of CSR.

pa
Level Contributor
54,090 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coronado springs

We have stayed at CSR many, many times, love it. I don't read reviews, some people just can't help themselves, they have to find the slightest problem and go on and on about it. We have never had a problem, clean and comfy rooms, dining options are plentiful, great pools, lovely hot tub, good bus transport, beautiful grounds, friendly and helpful Cast Members, I could go on and on :-)

If you go looking for a problem before you even get there, well, you are setting yourself up for a Holiday of doom and gloom

If at any point there is a problem or a concern while you are there, call Guest Services immediately and have them sort it out. No Resort is perfect but Disney does want you to be Happy, speak up if you need to

Bathgate, Scotland...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coronado springs

Thank you as we are 65 and70 years young love Disney and all the rides we also like to relax after the parks Ifew drinks nice comfy bed

Hartford...
Level Contributor
494 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coronado springs

I love CSR! It is a large resort but all the mods are except for POFQ. You can book a business class or preferred room to limit the walking if you prefer.

Check out my CSR website for more info.

http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Coronado springs

I've stayed in most of the deluxe and moderates and the only one I really loathe is Coronado Springs.

For one thing, depending on the time of year you go, the cost can be only $20 less a nite than the Boardwalk, a deluxe. I also didn't like how dark, run down and cheap-looking the rooms were. Maybe it was just my room, but for $220 a nite plus taxes and fees, I expect more than a Days Inn style room I'd pay $60 for off property.

Also, it was so dark and dirty and sketchy, that if I'd been staying in it and it was a Days Inn, I wouldn't feel safe. The outside motel-style access (more here than at port orleans or Caribbean beach) and the terrible cafeteria just aren't my thing. I'd rather stay at the Swan and Dolphin if I'm on a budget. It's on property, with the most comfortable beds at disney by far, and it's got elevators, inside access, great food options, and is walkable/boatable to 2 parks plus the Boardwalk.

It's decor is dated, too, but it's hands down more bang for your buck. But that's just me and I don't have kids. Washcloth animals and Disney soaps aren't a deal-breaker for me, but easy transportation and comfort are.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,916 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coronado springs

I do think reviews are very helpful when picking out a resort. In reading a few of the recent negative ones for Coronado, I think these were people that didn't research the hotel at all. It is a HUGE resort, so complaining about the walking is something they should've known before hand. If you get a check-in person that doesn't offer up much info, just ask for it yourself. Most of the complaints were minor things, I would be more concerned if people were saying the hotel wasn't clean.

I don't care for Coronado Springs myself because of Pepper Market, but I have stayed there many times. It will be a fine choice as long as you go in with realistic expectations.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coronado springs

We've stayed 3 times, our last stay was in January and we love it! Its our favorite Disney resort (for our budget). We really feel like were getting a deluxe resort at a moderate price. We love how quiet the resort is we often had the pool to ourselves and only a few people in the pepper market during prime time hours. My only complaint our last stay the hot tub was not very hot. The grounds are large but there is an internal bus if you wish to use it. Also its a beautiful walk we quite enjoy it

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,091 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coronado springs

We also avoid Coronado Springs because of the terrible food.It is also very large and not very well laid out. But the pool is good and the rooms are okay-we have had problems with housekeeping at many Disney resorts but if your room isn't clean,you just ask for another one. I think reviews are very valuable but to be taken with a grain of salt. A lot of them are fake-written by Disney employees or the competition. If you have a problem with the motel exterior corridors,then probably you should book at Deluxe.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coronado springs

I'm no expert...but we are here right now, and I'd agree with the fAct that it seems quieter given its size. The restaurants are "eh"...nothing special, . But not bad. Be prepared for crappy WiFi though.... even guest services warns you of this. Don't nedd to connect a lot on vacation, but when you want to manage your Disney stuff, you kind of want to knock it out in the room, where it's the worst. It IS clean, good for $$. Don't know about 5 weeks from now, but our rate breaks down to about $165 before tax, compared with nothing under $310 in deluxes.

Have fun!!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coronado springs

I was there in 2008 and i love it.