We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stoping over

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
belfast
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stoping over

Hi guys, if my flight stops in new york on the way home for 12hours. Am I alb to leave the airport and go to the zoo and stuff??

grimsby
Level Contributor
618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stoping over

I surpose you are yes but I believe the airport is some way from the tourist attractions of new york ???

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stoping over

Of course you are free to go anywhere you want. Just be back in time for security and your flight. Be aware, It could take you hours to get anywhere in NYC.

Edited: 21 March 2014, 11:12
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
715 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stoping over

Are you flying into JFK? If so there is a train that goes direct to Penn Station in under an hour. That's what we're doing (although we have a 24 hour stop over). The one thing I would check is if the airline will keep your bags checked in for that length of time or if you will have to collect them and re-check in.

ETA: Delta told us the limit was about 4-6 hours between flights

Edited: 21 March 2014, 11:20
belfast
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stoping over

good info there crazy, thank u hawk eye also, :)

ps yes were flying to JFK

Edited: 21 March 2014, 12:40
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stoping over

Ask in the New York forum ... sure to get more details there.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stoping over

Look like Queens zoo is about 25 mins from the Airport in a Taxi

belfast
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stoping over

Thank you folks, crazy answered it lol, don't want this turning into a New York thing, thank u all :)

8. Re: Stoping over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 04:35