We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drop off at Universal?

Easton, MD
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Drop off at Universal?

I will be traveling to Orlando this summer with 3 teenagers: 17, 18, & 18. They will be going to Universal Islands of adventure while my husband, 7 year old daughter, and I will be going to Disney's Magic Kingdom. We want to drop them off at Universal before heading to Disney. Our hotel does not have a shuttle to Universal. Is there a way to do this? Will we be able to get close enough to the entrance without paying for parking? There is a shuttle to MK from our hotel. Would it be better to use this service and letting the teenagers take the car? I am a little nervous about my 18 year old driving my car (not a rental) in Orlando. Thanks in advance for any advice that you can give me!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,728 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drop off at Universal?

Id let the 18yo take the car. They will need to pay for parking though. If you opt to drop them off there are several options to do so.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drop off at Universal?

How far is thé hôtel from universal a taxi may be the same cost as parking

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drop off at Universal?

The drop off for US/IOA is near the main entrance. If you are coming over from I Drive or I4 go past the car park entrance, under the walk way and take the next turn on the right. You double back on yourself and can stop near the taxi ranks.

Your passengers just walk up the stairs to the main rotunda where the bag check is.

See ...

http://bit.ly/USOdropoff

David

Easton, MD
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Drop off at Universal?

Thank you so much! I knew I'd find the answer here! It is nice to know that I have the option of a drop-off. Our hotel is closer to Disney, but universal is about 6 miles away from where we are staying.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drop off at Universal?

Sorry this link goes direct to the pic I had intended ...

http://bit.ly/USOdropoff2

Hope you got there anyway on the previous link,

David

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Drop off at Universal?

You can drop off as David describes and without paying for parking. Just follow the signs.

You should probably give more thought about the end of the day though. What are they going to do when they are done? If only IOA and starting in the morning they will surely be finished before you're done and if you stay for the fireworks which you should....

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drop off at Universal?

If it is only 6 miles, they can get a cab very easily when they are done if you are not done with Disney. Just make sure they have some extra money on them.

Easton, MD
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Drop off at Universal?

Thank You!

Easton, MD
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Drop off at Universal?

I will probably drop them off with cab fare to get back to the hotel. I will need my car to get home on the Auto train. The thought of turning loose 3 teenage boys with my car in Orlando does not appeal to me! They may do fine, but then again, maybe they won't ........Now I at least know my options. Thanks to everyone for your input! You all have been very helpful!

10. Re: Drop off at Universal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:15