We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

Bradford, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

Looking to go to Orlando easter 2015. Always thought was best to book as soon as flights go on sale. However Thomson currently have direct flights from Manchester to Sanford for less than £350 per person for easter 2014. Is this common? Anyone had experience of taking the risk and leaving it late to book? Especially during a busy time such as easter?

Level Contributor
1,082 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

We booked last min 3 yrs ago, although in May so not a terribly busy time. We got a fantastic deal with Thomas Cook - £1200 or there about for 2 adults and a child!! The park tickets actually cost more! That was Gat to Sanford, staying 2 weeks at the Econo Lodge on I Drive which wasn't a luxury hotel by any means but it did the trick a we were rarely in the room

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

You need to check where else you may be landing. Direct doean't mean you take off from Manchester and land at Sanford. Its a good price but it depends how many stops and how long you would actually be travelling as to whether you would still think it worth it.

Non stop flights for us after falling foul of direct flights before and nearly missing the connecting flights.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

Easter in Orlando is popular and busy every year

so you wont see any deals for that time period last minute

also include Xmas Thanksgiving and Summer holidays.

Bradford, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

Floridashirl these are actually non-stop on the thomson Dreamliner with luggage/meals taxes etc included. For next easter 2015 they are currently available for £950 per person. I was looking to pay approx £600 per person for easter 2015 but couldn't believe this price, and therefore i am wondering about leaving it late to book. The difference for 4 of us if we got a price like this compared to our budget would save us £1000 which could be used for park tickets. just nervous that these prices may be a one off and that usually if you leave it late to book you are looking more in the region of £800 per person.

Bradford, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

Rick W I know easter is busy hence why we usually book a long time in advance. We are not going to orlando this year but looking to go next year. We have to go during school holidays and although busy the climate at easter for us is favourable. I just happened to check on Thomson website to find out how much they would be to go this easter as a guide for easter next year and couldn't believe that I could get flights for 4 of us on the Thomson Dreamliner non-stop for £1355 during school holidays as well. As I have always booked so far in advance I have never looked at last minute and was just wondering if this was common. £350 to orlando during School holidays I would struggle to get to tenerife for much less!!!!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

Always book last minute never do it any other way too be honest, Thompsons normally come up trumps, Can,t be doing with booking flights months and months in advance.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

Brad, for non stop they are very good prices. I just made my comment because you originally quoted them as direct and didn't want you to end up going via Outer Mongolia or somewhere, lol. :-)

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

Tour operator flights will always be direct as do not have another networks.

Also when getting near to flight time they will cut prices if seats still left as they do not overbook flights unlike scheduled airlines. So better to take £300 for a seat than let it go empty. Standard for anydestination, of course they sell out so do not bank on availability.

Letchworth...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

At £350 you should bite there hand off! Someone on here yesterday was saying they couldn't find anything under 600. We went last minute ish last november. We booked our flights 5 weeks before we flew and paid £550 each and that included a car for 10 days. We flew with Virgin so thought it was a pretty good deal.

Bradford, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone ever done orlando on a last minute deal?

Hitchhiker321 I wish i could go this year and hopefully the prices will be as low next year. Due to having to go during School holidays I normally book early and I am happy with anything under £600 per person, but at this price this is a big difference and am considering risking it for next year. On their website if you can go later on in april 2014 they are currently showing at £250 per person! My only concern is obviously as stated in a previous post easter is usually one of the busiest times of year and there are rarely deals available. maybe they misjudged demand this year?