We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways bag drop at Gatwick airport

Cardiff
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
British Airways bag drop at Gatwick airport

I’ve just noticed that BA now allow you to drop off your suitcases the night before you fly and we will be staying in a hotel 10 minutes from Gatwick. This seems like a great idea and means I can have a bit of a lie in the next morning to help with the Jet lag when we arrive.

Does anyone know if there is there a short stay car park or a drop zone that I can use?

Also does anyone know how long the drop off should take? – I notice that most of BA long haul flights leave in the morning /afternoon, so I I’m hoping the check in desk will be pretty quiet then.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,488 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Airways bag drop at Gatwick airport

We always use the short stay car park but be careful to make a note of what car park you are in and what zone your car is in as it is very confusing IMHO. We use VA Twilight check in and usually get there around 8.00 pm. We have never had to wait as it is usually deserted, so I expect BA may be the same. We are usually in and out of the airport in under half an hour. It is quite a walk from the short stay car park into the terminal.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Airways bag drop at Gatwick airport

Thanks for the reply. How much is the short stay car park? Also is it a pay and display or pay when you get back car park?

3. Re: British Airways bag drop at Gatwick airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:15