We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

Family of four, two boys ages 10 and 11 by November.

These resorts caught my eye since the boys want to go back to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

If I wrote down my dates correctly then the Food and Wine Festival should be going on till the 10th (assuming you can still go on the 10th?) and the Oxbourne lights will start on the 9th. So we should be able to do both?

The boys have off school the 10th and 11th(Veteran's Day). We will be arriving Friday night and leaving Tuesday night unless we decide to pull them out of school for a day or two.

I am leaning towards Beach Club based on reviews, but also thinking about Yacht or Boardwalk.

Beach Club Resort: $510 Lagoon or Pool view

Beach Club Villas: $557 1 BD Villa (I assume they pick the view since it listed all of them, but didn't see where you could pick).

Yacht Club Resort: $419 Garden View

$685 Lagoon/Pool View-Club level

Boardwalk Inn: $509 Water View

$414 Standard View

$586 Standard-club

$726 Deluxe room, Boardwalk view-club

Boardwalk Villas: $557 1 BD Standard view

Which one would you book and why?

Should I book now or wait for a better deal or can I book now and if a deal is run later I can still rebook for the savings?

Airline prices are not out yet for Southwest from Pittsburgh so not sure if I should wait to see their schedule first or not.

If you added another day or two would you add it to the beginning or end of the trip and why? (Wondering if I should keep anything in mind with Food and Wine or Oz lights)

Sorry so many questions.

Edited: 29 March 2014, 00:57
Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Disney's Beach Club Villas
Disney's Beach Club...
864 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

One other thing,

Why does it show so many rooms types unavailable? Is it that they are booked up or do they wait so long to post them or are they only for owners?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,675 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

I went on to look, when you click on package as opposed to just room, it was available. Strange.

I love Beach Club, I would never (sorry) pay $510 a night for any hotel, that's crazy. You'll have to wait a while for the fall discounts to come out. The summer ones just started.

Did you sign up on the disney website? If not, sign up and make mock reservations, you may get a pin code. I just got one for summer in the mail. Sometimes they come in the mail, sometimes in an email.

The villas work differently, I don't know when they become available to everyone. You can check one of those DVC rental sites (david's is one I've heard of) to save money. It's like renting someone's points that they can't use.

Also if you book now, you can add the discount, but the room/hotel you pick may not be available so it really does you no good. You may have to change to what's available. I tried that last year with wilderness lodge, when the discounts came out, for whatever reason nothing was available there with a discount even though I had a room reserved. I switched to french quarter. I did everything over the phone, not on the website.

hope this helps a bit :)

Edited: 29 March 2014, 01:25
Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

Thank You! I will have to look the rooms up with the package deal. Never thought of that. I guess I would have thought that if the room is available then it would be with or without a package. I wasn't sure if there would be any fall discounts for beach/yacht resort besides the free dining deal. The only reason I would book now is to secure a room in the event that when the fall discounts, if any, would come out all the rooms would be gone like you said. I wouldn't want to switch to another resort other than the boardwalk for this trip. I am already signed up on the Disney website and get flyers sometimes. I am too nervous to try buying DVC points to get a room because I do not know that much about them. Thanks for all the info, very helpful!

pa
Level Contributor
54,830 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

The Fall discounts will be about what the current summer discounts are, up to 35% off deluxe room rates

I vote for Club level, standard room, Boardwalk. Quite Nice :)

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124393

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,675 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

Your welcome! By the way I would pick Beach Club (we've stayed there 2 times and love it and hope to stay there again someday). Your boys would love the pool area. We had standard rooms and requested to be near the quiet pool (both times). Great location :)

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

they should be running a sale for those dates with 30% off so wait a little closer to the time you are leaving

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

Go for one of the 1 bed villas, much more room than a bog standard room. But as princess said check out a site like http://www.dvcrequest.com/ for best prices

We have stayed at the Boardwalk Villas and I really couldn't fault them.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
13,138 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

Beach Club Villas:-)

Stormalong Bay:-)

Five minute stroll to Epcot:-)

Beaches & Cream:-)

All seems fine to me;-);-);-)

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,592 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

We would take a standard room, with two queen beds and a day bed, over a villa with a pull-out couch, any day of the week. Hate couches!

For the most space, with real beds, and the club amenities, I vote for the Beach Club deluxe rooms. The Boardwalk deluxe rooms are my favorites, however I think the boys would prefer strom-along-bay. Book now, and modify later. The "deluxe" rooms "sell out" quickly.

Happy planning!

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach/Yacht club/villas, boardwalk Nov 7-11th, 2014.

Thanks for all of your help! Greatly appreciated!

I had the boys wanted to watch a video on you tube of the two slides at the resorts and they picked the Beach/Yacht club pool over the Boardwalk pool. Then we talked about our room options and the boys do not want to sleep on a roll out couch, but would sleep on the day bed if we would end up getting one. I prefer a bigger balcony and I have heard that Yacht club rooms all have bigger balconies where you do not know what you are getting with the Beach Club. To save a little bit of money I was thinking of reserving a garden view room at the Yacht Club for $414 and watch to see what specials come out for fall.

I looked into the dvcrequest.com and it does seem tempting, but you do not get a refund if you have to change or cancel and there was one quote on there that made me leary, it said something about in the event of the owners accidentally booking the room for themselves by mistake after selling their points then we are out of a room which we would get our money back, but would be left without a room when we get there. We could always switch to another resort if they had something available, but who would want to do that? I would figure that would be a rare coincidence, but it was still stated in the agreement. Also, the two cheapest villas had a roll out couch for the second bed so that made up our minds since there wasn't much of a difference between the garden view room and the 1 bd villa for a week. I guess it would make a difference if you wanted a kitchen and some extra room and didn't mind sleeping on the roll out for a week. Nice to know about for the future anyways.

By the way, hubby has decided that if we are going to spend money on airline and go through the hassle of getting there and back just for a few days, then he thinks that we should pull the boys out of school for 3 days and make a whole week out of it. Now to decide to come back on a Sat or Sun.

The Garden view rooms mentioned the option of getting a Queen bed, a chair that turns into a twin, and 1 day bed. Has anyone ever stayed in a room with a chair that turns into a twin? Wondering if it would be big enough for a 10 or 11 year old boy?

Can we attend the Food and Wine Festival on the 10th? I read somewhere that is the last day for it? I would like to go on the 8th and 10th or the 9th and 10th. I also read where the Oz lights start on the 9th. Would that be every night from then on out till they are over or just on certain night?