We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

Hi. We are staying at disney resort. Initially we thought of using EMH by visiting the parks on days they had EMH. As we researched, we realised that EMH drives crowd levels to extra high levels as most disney resort guests walk into those parks with EMH. Any suggestions or guidance please!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

I can't imagine it being that bad as the park is only open to Disney resort guests for an hour before everyone else.. Isn't that why you get that perk with your booking?

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

We always base our Park Days on taking advantage of the Extra Magic Hours, the whole point is that there are "Less" crowds

More people stay off site then on site therefore less people are in the Parks for EMH

We enjoy the Evening EMH more then the Morning EMH, the Parks are quite Magical at Midnight, 1 am, 2 am etc :)

Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

Hey thanks. I am still confused. During my stay dates, only 1 hour morning EMH is available. While crowd levels will be ok for that hour, what kind of effect it has on crowd levels after that?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

It's always 1hr extra. It will just be like any normal park day except you get the opportunity of an hour before anyone else. Don't understand your confusion?

Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

Thanks sa_janeb. The only query is that i read in some forums, that disney resort guests definitely visit the park with EMH apart from the usual expected crow thereby increasing the overall crowd levels.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

We stay on site, we've never used the morning emh (we've always had at least one or two teens with us...lol), and never paid attention to which park has them, we just go to whatever park we feel like on the day. Don't over think it :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

We took advantage of the emh to book our hotels Character breakfast because there is no way I'm getting my crew up dressed and to the gate by 8am:)

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

You are correct, at least every time I've been to a Disney park with EMH anyway. I find that if you choose a park that isn't having EMH the crowds in the morning are much, much lower than the park that is having EMH. Everyone from all the Disney resorts flock to that park and usually the other parks aren't as busy.

We avoid EMH like the plague.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

I have been to Disney about twice a year for many years. EMH in the evening have ALWAYS been more crowded than regular park hours. I try to avoid those parks having evening EMH because people without park hopper passes will stay there all day to take advantage of that perk. If you get to the park as soon as EMH morning hours begin, it is typically not that busy, but will get busier towards the end of EMH morning hours and can lead to the park being slightly busier during normal hours.

My advice is to avoid parks having EMH evening hours if you want to avoid lines. If you are an early riser and have a park hopper pass, get to EMH morning hours as soon as they begin and go to another park when crowds start to become unbearable (typically a few hours after normal hours begin).

One caveat: With the new Fastpass+ reservation system, you can only reserve rides and experiences at one park per day(at least for now), so keep this in mind. Also, this new system may affect the way people visit parks based on what I just said, so the EMH experience may differ now. I don't get to go again until August, so not sure yet how this will affect crowd levels.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
578 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting parks on days of extra magic hours

Will the EMH make much difference in September with crowds?