We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When can I make reservations for January 2015?

Hermon, Maine
2 posts
Save Topic
When can I make reservations for January 2015?

I want to make reservations for the whole shebang: Disney hotel, theme park tickets, and dining plan for my family in January 2015. On the Disney website you can book through December 31, and it appears that you can book into January as long as the first day of your reservation is December 31. But you cannot book a stay starting in January online.

I went into the help section and selected chat where the person I chatted with told me I would not be able to book online until August but I could make my reservation via 1-407-WDISNEY today. It seemed odd to me that a huge company like Disney would do something like that, but whatever. I called. After being on hold for about 30 minutes I was finally connected to a person who told me he could book me a hotel room in January but the packages are not available. I asked when they would be and he said sometime in the summer.

So that's two Disney employees I talked to who both gave me different information and all I want to do is give them thousands of dollars in exchange for a great vacation for my family. Is it that hard to just tell me when I will be able to reserve the package that I want to get? Is there anyone from Disney that reads this board who can actually tell me some useful information?

I realize that they have me over a barrel because they have a monopoly on what they offer. I just want some answers. I cannot believe they have no idea when they will open up my preferred time for reservations, and honestly I am not sure it cannot be done now since the people I did talk to gave me conflicting information. It really seems contrary to how a world famous entertainment company should operate.

I'm frustrated and I may not be making the most sense, but please, if anyone knows anything can you pass the info along? Thanks.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

Take a deep breath. Everything will be fine. Actually both Disney cast members gave you accurate information. First, you CAN book a "room only" reservation today, at a non guaranteed rate by phone. Packages are released in late summer, for the following year. The release date is unknown this far in advance. Once the package price is released, the price will not go up. No one can book 2015 rooms/ packages on-line, until the packages have been released.

If you are trying to get an estimate of your package price, key in similar dates/seasons for 2014, and plan a 5 - 10% increase. Disney seasons: Value, Regular, Peak and Holiday. Resort rates change daily, based on season and day of the week. Most U.S. guests do not want to make an actual reservation this far in advance, as they wait for the discounts to be announced.

If you have other specific questions/ concerns, be sure to post them here. Someone is bound to know the answer.

Happy planning!

Hermon, Maine
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

"Actually both Disney cast members gave you accurate information."

The first told me I could book my package now if I did it over the phone. I cannot. They said I could do it online in August. The second told me I can do hotel only reservations (which I already said I did not want) now and packages would be available sometime in "the summer". The second person may be 100% correct but still, what they said conflicts with what the first person told me so how am I to know what the real answer is?

"If you are trying to get an estimate of your package price, key in similar dates/seasons for 2014, and plan a 5 - 10% increase."

Yeah...like I said I want January 2015. I cannot key in a date which has already passed.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

Your post said ..."I would not be able to book online until August but I could make my reservation via ... today". A "package" and a"reservation" are two different things, in Disney speak. Perhaps this is where the confusion is coming from.

Simply stated; You cannot book a package until late summer. You can book a resort room today.

There are several "value season" dates in 2014, yet to come. This is why I suggested season/date.

Edited: 29 March 2014, 21:03
pa
Level Contributor
54,252 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

"Key in similar dates"

As in another VALUE Season

Example, prices for January 20 - February 12 will be the same as August 17 - September 25

Resort Example of the same Value Season pricing is the Wilderness Lodge, Standard Room, is $325 per night for both sets of dates in the example

Which Resort and what exact dates are you interested in ? I like to crunch numbers, can put a rough estimate together for you ( no, I am not a Travel Agent nor do I work for Disney :)

As a side note, you can book A Room Only Reservation and add tickets and dining later to make it a Package

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
635 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

Book the room you would like now. You then can simply add tickets and dining as well as flight info prior to arrival. If you must give all the money to Disney get a gift card? But by reserving the room you would like now you know that it will not already be booked when the packages come out. Let me also advise that the first part of Jan. will be heavy in numbers as the holiday season is high volume of people. Also I would advise booking the room you want as Non American booking will prob. already be giving out deals. They get to book earlier than US gets to book.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

It would be kind of ridiculous if you could not book a "package" until August because that would be within 6 months of your visit. And as we all probably know, to get the best dining reservations you need to make them >= 6 months out. This all seems very odd to me coming from Disney.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,190 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

Well you don't need to have a hotel booked to make dining reservations :)

Cochrane, Canada
Level Contributor
431 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

I agree with you! It is very frustrating we are flying all the way from Western Canada. I've been checking regularly, our Ama travel agent said the same "sometime" this summer. We plan on doing the park for a week then the Disney Cruise. We have the cruise booked which they released months ago by the way and our flights. Apparently people living in the UK can book their packages, I don't understand why we can't, won't all these bookings from the UK drive the prices up even more.

Nashville, Tenn.
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

I'm having the same problem! Want to book for March 2015 but can't do it yet. Frustrating.

pa
Level Contributor
54,252 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: When can I make reservations for January 2015?

Prices won't go up

Disney sets the rack rates for an entire year, there are discounts and offers, throughout the year, making the prices go down, not up

As has already been said, you can book just a room now and Modify it to a Packagw later by adding in tickets and dining if you want. You only need to make a deposit, equal to one nights room rate, when you book