We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

atl
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

Long post so please bear with me!!

Okay here is the question. My husband wants to bring an umbrella stroller to carry our 'stuff' for the parks and I think it would look ridiculous since our "child" is almost 15! (The stroller is one we have kept from her childhood that is now used by other family members occasionally when they visit us, so it is not that we have to purchase one). We have been to Disney many times and used it, however our last visit a few years ago we just had a backpack. When we went on a ride, we would leave it with the strollers; HOWEVER, after one ride at AK, we came off Everest to find security around the backpack and asking who it belonged to since it had been moved away from the stroller area---it was deemed 'a suspicious package'. Everyone was very nice but we had to go through some questioning. Needless to say no more backpack that trip! So we are now 'discussing' what to use for our snacks, water bottles, sunscreen, ponchos, light jackets etc. Help and advice is appreciated.

Trowbridge...
Level Contributor
189 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

Personally, I would use a backpack and make use of the lockers when on rides. A stroller without an occupant doesn't look good :)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,110 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

Thousands of people use small backpacks - we do ourselves sometimes

Disney are quite relaxed about small bags on rides or you could rent a locker

It's understandable that they would be nervous about a sole backpack left unattended

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,513 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

Lockers would be better.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

Perhaps a fanny pack or very small backpack and buy park snacks and share them? There are water fountains in the parks. Problem solved?

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

Perhaps a fanny pack or very small backpack and buy park snacks and share them? There are water fountains in the parks. Problem solved?

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

why don't all three of you take a small backpack each, with your own drink and snacks in and anything else you would need.

You can take your bags on all (if not almost all) of the rides at Disney, so if its just a small bag each, it wouldn't be a problem to take them on the rides with you.

It would seem a bit strange taking a stroller with no child! And a bit of a fuss to have to push it everywhere, when everyone could just take their own small bag...

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

Lol! I'm with your husband on bringing the stroller! I really miss mine and much prefer to wheel my things rather than have to use a backpack. However I know my stroller days are over and I have resigned myself to having to use a bag. If only there was a solution where you didn't look ridiculous without a child to go in the stroller!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,420 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

Well of course they made a big deal about an unattended bag. You aren't supposed to leave them behind on the ground ( and even those with strollers would be wise not to leave valuables behind) At Disney you are welcome to take the bags on the rides with you. So stick with a backpack but this time keep it with you.

Leeds
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

Agree with Orlando1031. Take your bag with you. We had a stroller last year but still never left our bag when we went on rides. There isn't a ride at Disney where it's a problem to take it with you except possible keeping it dry on Splash mountain. It doesn't even need to be a small back pack really either. Taking a stroller and no child is utterly ridiculous I'm afraid!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stroller---NOT for a kid but to carry stuff

I wouldn't take a stroller without a child.. I would take a back pack to Disney as you can take it on rides with you on all rides.