We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Car at Airport

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poole, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange Car at Airport

I am going to Florida soon and as a family we have hired 2 convertibles via Alamo at Sanford Airport.

My Mum is unsure if she will enjoy the convertible and wants to know if after a few days she can't get on with it can my Dad take the car back to the airport (or another Alamo location nearer) and exchange for something else?

many thanks

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,892 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

If they let you exchange the car the person named on the contract will need to return the convertible and get the new car. There will be a new contract made and signed and possibly an extra charge.

Obviously, ask at the counter if this is even an option.

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
450 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

Better to tell them a white lie, that the motor hesistates or has stalls on you a few times at the lights. Then they will exchange for same category at least for no charge. Do make sure the one returning the car is the one on the contract.

Plus depending on the gas option you took, might have to return it with full tank of gas or lose or pay the difference .

Poole, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

thank you both

newcastle upon tyne...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

you should not need the trip to the airport i have changed mine on i drive,mine was stalling at junctions😉

Sweden
Level Contributor
17 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

Weird - my car stalled at junctions too ;)

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
450 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

It a regular thing on cars, especially when the car rental companies are famous for not during tuneups on cars, because most rentals in orlando are only driven as slow speeds and not on highway much sometimes, the fuel injectors can get clogged up and stall the motor when idling.

So it's a good excuse to use when wanting to exchange a car, if it's not to your liking.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 15:07
Iowa
Level Contributor
9,892 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

You are feeding them full of it, right Bolton?

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
450 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

No actually it's the truth for once. LOL.

Poole, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

thanks, and changing on I-Drive will be a lot handier. Hopefully no need but thanks for the info just in case

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Exchange Car at Airport

Just curious...whst is it about the convertible that Mum isn't too sure of?