We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney late February 2015

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Disney late February 2015

We are trying to decide when to take the kids for the first time. We were originally planning for oct 2014, but that can't happen. :(

So, now we are thinking about late February 2015. How is the crowds and weather this time of year. I looked at one predictor for 2015 and it didn't look too bad for crowds with Easter being beginning of April. Does this seem accurate?? How cold will it be? Thank you!

pa
Level Contributor
53,806 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney late February 2015

Crowd levels will be easy enough to manage ( of course there is never a time the Parks are empty ;) The Weather will not be Hot but it won't be freezing ( could have some sunny days for swimming :)

Any chance you could go later, maybe in end of April - Beginning May ? Weather will be much warmer, crowd levels not awful

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney late February 2015

Be sure to avoid Presidents week all the kids are out of school.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,154 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney late February 2015

It could be pretty cold in February. We were there in early March one year and they were on the point of cancelling the scheduled Space Shuttle launch due to the risk of frost. Have a look at this February's temps on AccuWeather to get an idea.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,288 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney late February 2015

Honestly Feb. weather is iffy and if water parks, swimming,etc. are important I would pick another time :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney late February 2015

After President's day and before the 2nd full week of March shouldn't be too bad for crowds, but you will find some refurbs happening with possible ride/show/attraction closures that time of year.

As stated, though, the weather can be a complete coin-toss. We've been that last week of February, and have had nearly every extreme, including day-long rainy days that were very chilly, and warm sunny days when you just soaked it all up. After about two years of going that time of year, we decided to not chance it in future years.

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney late February 2015

We've not long come back, flew out March 17th and the weather was a little iffy then. The first week was wonderful but the second week was rather grey, still "shorts and T shirt" weather but rare sunshine.

It was also rather busy at time is at was Americas spring break. Still had a fabulous time though.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 17:15
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney late February 2015

I've been President's Day for the past 2 years. I needed a fleece for mornings and evenings. I got a couple hours of short-sleeve weather in each day, but it was too cold for water rides. I made sure to cover up with a windbreaker so my clothes didn't get wet on Jurassic Park.

If the water stuff (pools/rides/etc) are important I would push back your trip.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney late February 2015

Thank you for the responses!! If we push it back, do you think late april would be ok?? We can't do may...have too much going on with work. My hubby won't be happy with insane crowds either though. Just trying to balance it out!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,288 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney late February 2015

Next year Easter is April 5, so yes end of April would be good :)

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney late February 2015

We have traveled to disney world three times over presidents week. Crowds are large but in my opinion the weather is ideal. We have been fortunate enough to have days warm enough to use the pools and to attend the water parks. Temperatures fluctuate during February. This past February we had temperatures in the mid 80's. If you plan appropriately lines are not a factor.