We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sep/oct planning?

Jhb
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Sep/oct planning?

Hi

Thanks for all the great advice so far!

I'm wondering how much planning wrt park days I need to do for our trip from 24th September until the 3rd of October?

Will it be busy enough that I REALLY need to plan park days according to crowd calendars? Or if we get there early(rope drop hopefully) and make full use of fp+ we should be ok with any park any day?

I have allocated 2 days to MK, 1 to AK, Epcot and HS each. With an extra day to visit whichever we feel, and then visiting both Disney water parks over the 9 days we have. Disney quest on perhaps 2 evenings, and MNSSHP. We have the park hopper, so when we finish early at any, and feel up to it we could always hop to another.

Is this enough time to enjoy the parks and my just rush through? And how busy is t?

Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sep/oct planning?

you should be fine. enjoy

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sep/oct planning?

If you do Epcot, go during the week. That is right around when the Food and Wine Festival starts. The locals will make it very busy on the weekend.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sep/oct planning?

Keep in mind, September and early October has become much busier than it used to be at WDW (take it from a veteran visitor for that time of year), and free dining offers that time of year are common.

The last time I was there in late September in 2012, I couldn't believe how much more crowded it was than previous years, especially Magic Kingdom. It seemed more like an "school vacation" time as busy as it was.

Just be sure to get to the parks early in the day, if at all possible. Also, the rain storms come in almost daily from early afternoon until near sundown, so plan any "water" activites for morning hours to make sure you can get them in before the lightning starts flashing.

4. Re: Sep/oct planning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 05:17