We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report day 1,,, delta

grimsby
Level Contributor
618 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trip report day 1,,, delta

OK got up at 5 had t check in for 7.05 we ordered complimentary taxi for 6.45 from Marriott to terminal 2 , when we got there it was about 40 people deep but must have been the quickest check in ever we were done and dusted within 5 mins and at security by 7 o'clock once through security (this takes ages ) we had breakfast at Frankie and Benny's 2 fry ups and 1 kids beans on toast with a drink each £36 ouch ..., the delta flight left about 25 mins late not a problem we had a 3hr 5 min wait in Atlanta anyway now the man to atl flight was the best flight I've ever been on the IFE was second to none there seemed to be plenty of legroom and the meal was OK (grilled chicken salad ) and we were in cattle class the second leg atl to MCO was also pretty good to even though it was only 1hr 5/mins still managed to get round with a complimentary drink now our stop over time was 3hr 5 mins I would not recommend anyone having less than 2 her 15 could be pushing it any less ..once landing at MCO I went and got cases while hubby went and got car MY GOD I've never seen a que like it in my life at Alamo it was like opening day on harry potter every other car rental company was empty almost must have been 500 people deep any way to be fair we were only waiting 20 mins ish gotcar fiat 500 made way to hotel ( Rosen inn pointe Orlando ) too 20 mins sat nav wouldn't work but luckily more or less remembered the way got to sleep about 10 ish and woke at 6 not bad that thinking of going to ak today but gives thunderstorms in morning so not sure yet may go shopping instead :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

Glad the flights were fine. I've never done indirect.

On one of my other groups a couple git a Fiat 500. The car hire people told them they mayaswell upgrade because they will never get all there cases in it, they replied you've obviously never saw the cars in England. Cases were thrown in and away they went haha.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,131 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

Great, love Frankie and Benny's before take off ! Have a good day :)

A year today and we'll be going yaay :))

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

Enjoyed day one of your T/R Ive a stop over of only 1 hr flying Dublin to Charlotte then on to Orlando never been befour so guess I will just follow everyone else lol

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
455 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

The queues sound like a nightmare!

Great first report - looking forward to the next :-)

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

Fantastic! We flew Delta in 2010 and sayed at the Rosen inn @ Pointe.

We enjoyed the flight although upon landing at Atlanta we only had 1 hour or so connection, running to collect bags to then have them put onto our connecting flight was a bit close lol!

On our return was glad we never had to do that

Enjoy.... 180days for us today!!!! we are flying into sanford with Monarch and have set ourselves up for the fact it wont be like Delta but its direct.... booking our first ADR tomorrow.... looking forward to more TR's :-)

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

I know this sounds picky, but could you punctuate your reports with paragraphs? It would make it much easier to read.

I have flown Manchester - Olando via Atlanta with a 1:15 connection, we had just enough time to get through passport control and to the gate.....just.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 12:53
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

I've just read somewhere else about someone having a nightmare with Delta, no IFE, rubbish food (when isn't it?) etc etc Glad to hear you had a good journey.

Everyone on every forum recommends Alamo, a good reason not to go with them IMO lol Still 20 minutes wasn't too bad.

London, England...
Level Contributor
128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

I'm staying at the Rosen Inn @ Pointe in June, would be great if you could let me know what you think and any tips!

How have the queue times been?

Hope your having a great time!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,969 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

My daughter and I had a Fiat loved it for two. Fun car. Seats fold down so if only two it is fine. We had 3 and 2 big cases and two carry on at one point. Great start!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,944 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip report day 1,,, delta

Good start shame about Alamo queue could you not do on line check in and go straight to garage?

Keep them coming Jayne