We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which disney resort

Houston
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which disney resort

My husband has to take a business trip there Sept 7th...long story short, families are now going, so we can take our 2 (almost 3) year old. I was going to wait till she was 5 but this is practically free.

We want to stay at Disney...

I am not sure if the budget will be moderate or deluxe...but could anyone help me out in both categories? We are just staying Thurs-Sunday.

Thanks!

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,515 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which disney resort

Everyone's tastes are different, but if I had to choose one resort in each category, here's the ones I'd pick based on my preferences.

Moderate: Port Orleans, either Riverside or French Quarter.

Deluxe: Wilderness Lodge OR Animal Kingdom Lodge

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which disney resort

I would try to stay in one of the monorail resorts since you have a 3 year old. You might want to take a rest during the day. We have stayed at the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge as well as Contemporary many years ago. Our kids loved the Wilderness Lodge this past January and they are 8 and 4. Have fun!

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which disney resort

I've never had a bad vacation at any Disney resort (except the one time I got a smoking room instead of non smoking and the resort was fully booked, but that's a different story), so whichever resort you pick you will have a good time.

I would consider which parks you plan to spend the most time in and try to stay in a resort convenient to those parks. Although Disney transport is great, if you plan to spend a lot of time in the MK, you can't beat the convenience of the monorail resorts. You can leave your daughter in her stroller and just roll her on board. I have also seen people roll strollers on board the boat to Wilderness Lodge. However, if you are staying at a resort where you have to use a bus, you have to take your daughter out of the stroller, and carry her and the stroller. That can be a hassle sometimes, especially if you decide to go to a park while your husband is in meetings.

If you are staying in a monorail resort, they are all great, but have different themes. I have heard that the renovated rooms at the Contemporary aren't as toddler friendly as the Grand Floridian or Polynesian. Wilderness Lodge is fairly toddler friendly as well (so long as you keep her away from the water feature in the lobby).

If you want to spend more time at Epcot and MGM, the Epcot resorts are great. In fact, you could book a studio in either the Beach Club Villas or the Boardwalk Villas, and have the added convenience of a kitchenette. I like the studios for two adults and a small child because of the kitchenette and the sofa for sitting. I don't recommend them for more than two adults because I don't find sleeping on a sofa bed comfortable. There are also Villas at Wilderness Lodge with the same layout.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,423 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Houston
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which disney resort

Thanks for you help! I also thought of staying at the Hilton on International...since we can get a great suite put her to bed and stay up....Great Reviews on Trip advisor but do not know how convinent it is for transportation to the park...any advice on that?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
149 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which disney resort

We stayed at The Beach Club and loved it! We got a good deal from Disney Visa; otherwise we wouldn't have stayed there, as it is expensive. The pool area is super-if your 3 year old likes sand and water, she'll love it! We also took a peek at The Wilderness Lodge, and it looked really nice!

We also spent a night at Port Orleans, the French Quarter, and really liked that, as well. However, it's not as convenient to the parks as the B.C. or W.L.

Mentioned in this post
Beach Club
Beach Club
249 Reviews
Orlando, FL
IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which disney resort

Hello crazeefun,

I recommend staying on Disney property. My favorite moderate Disney resort is the Port Orleans Riverside. And for a deluxe choice the Yacht and Beach Club is the best! Stormalong Bay the 3 acre sand bottom pool is the best Disney has to offer and also has a sand play area with shallow area for your little one.

Mentioned in this post
Beach Club
Beach Club
249 Reviews
Orlando, FL
7. Re: Which disney resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 03:16