We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can't get TRex-good plan B??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
can't get TRex-good plan B??

Have my heart set on TRex but booked solid. What are v my chances cill get to walk in, OR what is a good plan B that's just as fun and cool for little boys?

THANKS!!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

Have you called them? They don't release many covers for online booking.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,871 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

Try a walk up lots of people do

New Jersey
Level Contributor
267 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

We were able to walk up for lunch on our last trip. Definitely try calling and expand your times to include lunch, we walked in right around noon and it wasn't nearly as crowded as when we passed by during the dinnertime hours.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
224 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

I would call them but not through Disney. Believe the number is on the Disney forum. Last year we just walked up and were seated but that was early afternoon. We had our 4 year old grandson with us and he loved it so I called and got another reservation for the next day before we left. Have fun!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

Agreed, you should be able to get a table on the day as long as a) you don't leave it too late in the day and b) you are flexible with your times. You may have to go away for an hour or so but there's plenty of shops nearby to keep the kids busy. Last time we went we had a drink at the TRex bar. There's a booking table at the entrance. Rainforest Cafe is another option and is pretty much the same menu.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,035 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

Plan B when Disney dining says booked is call directly for a reservation or simply turn up, put your name in and wait.

Senglea, Malta
Level Contributor
427 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

better if you give them a call, when we went we couldn't get booking online,however when i called them i got a booking at once....

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
639 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

We walked up last July and got a table for the four of us straight away. It was lunch admittedly. Well worth trying that.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

I had a booking but there were quite a few people on "stand-by" and they were all seated within 30mins. If your set on it, then try on the day like everyone says - you will more than likely get a table.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can't get TRex-good plan B??

Hiya Bhlkin~~~~~~I'd agree about calling them or walking up as well.You just never know whan a table could be available. I've had a lot of walk up meals,both solo and with my sister. (Granted,it was Jan,Feb,or early March,but I really have a done a LOT of walk ups).

Have you looked at the Rain forest Cafe as well? It's a similar experience,IMHO,and one the kids will like. No dinosaurs,but they have have animals,and thunder showers,and the food is nice. (Wicked cocktails and nice fresh non alcoholic fruit drinks for the kids). It's a really fun atmosphere. There's one is Downtown Disney,and another right outside the gate of Disney's Animal Kingdom.

good luck!!! :+))

Ps..I'm editing,as I just typed "dinosauts"..LOL LOL (dinosaurs that go into outer space)..tee hee hee;+>

Edited: 08 April 2014, 22:28