We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report 3

grimsby
Level Contributor
618 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trip report 3

Got up at about 0530 this was not planned must still be on UK time . Was going to go to bogey creek but the weather gave rain and storms from 9 till about 5 ( boy they we're not wrong ) so didn't fancy sat on a boat while raining and windy

So we went to HS instead got to gate at 0850 was a bit of a que not to bad though still nice and civilized went straight on that behind the scenes tour it was our 1st time on that and probably our last, then went and got fast passes for toy storey they were for 1040 the time was 0950 by now and already a 90 min stand by que for it, went on muppets 3d always good only 10 min wait for that so went and got a coffee for half hour then went on toy storey, then to star wars only 5 min wait for that then it really started to rain it had been all day but this was that crazy stuff, went over to terror tower while everyone else was sheltering only 20 min wait for that, by now its about 1330 and where dripping wet so decide to call it a day

Then shopping :-) we go to the premium outlet south on I drive got 2 converse t-shirts for hubby $25 1 pair for little in $30 and 2 Tommy t shirts for little in ( he's now in adult size so not so little :( ) after couple of hours go back to hotel to get out of wet clothes , its still heaving it down so head to celebration there us a dog shop there so got our puppy a new lead ( batman one )

Then set off back to hotel for dinner we was going to go to perkings because kids eat free on Tuesdays but I spotted Applebys near wet n wild and knew people on here recommend it so went there now I am NOT recommending it to anyone it was not my cup of tea we got 2 steaks kids pizza drink each $55 with tip but none of us finished the plate and on way back to hotel hubby said shall we get subway which pretty much said it all , couple of drinks in hotel bar its still raining haven't seen the sun all day but ow well

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report 3

Hope the weather improves for you :-)

Is this a new Applebees near Wet n Wild ? Don't remember seeing it when we were there in Nov

grimsby
Level Contributor
618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report 3

Its at the old bennigans site next to george and dragon

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report 3

Thanks. Seen workmen at that site in Nov , wondered what was going to be there, now I know :-)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report 3

Shame about the rain, hope it clears for tomorrow.How cute a batman lead for puppy :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
455 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report 3

I have a feeling my TR might be much the same as yours as i'm going in June!

Never mind the rain - Enjoy :-)

Love reading your reports - make me feel like i'm already there!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,212 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report 3

The only Applebees I recommend is the one on hwy 27 have never had a bad meal and must have eaten there at least 20 times over the past few years, it's always packed

Have never had pizza though lol

Hope the weather improves

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip report 3

Good day to go shopping when it rains hope the weather gets better for you.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip report 3

Nice t.r Jayne.

What are the bar prices like in your hotel?

grimsby
Level Contributor
618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: trip report 3

2 for 1 before 7 then $3 pint of bud $1 soft drinks not bad priced seen a lot worse

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip report 3

There was a lot of building work going on in nov when we were there, including a steak house... Would have loved to have tried that. It must be open by now, so hopefully someone will let us know.

Hope the sun shines on you tomorrow, Jayne....

Enjoying your reviews..

Edited: 09 April 2014, 21:35