We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

Help! We had booked the Carribean Beach resort and Hubby and I started having bookers remorse - started off with the lack of queen beds in the rooms which led to us second guessing our selection. So, long story short - we have decided to switch resorts. The two front runners are Yacht Club and Boardwalk villas. We like the fact that it appears you can walk to epcot and walk/boat to Hollywood Studioes. Various resources we have checked out have said 10 mins to epcot and 15 to Hollywood studios by foot. Is this correct? Also what is the difference between Boardwalk Inn and Boardwalk Villas?

Can anyone tell me which of these they would select? Or does it all really come down to the theme we prefer. THANKS!!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,873 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

We've stayed at Beach club twice, love it there, great location, great pool. These new choices are deluxe so will be quite a jump in price.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

Boardwalk Villas are a Disney Vacation Club property, so they have the extra features that come with that distinction. The Boardwalk Inn is the standard hotel portion of the resort. Both Beach Club and Boardwalk are walkable to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you don't feel like walking, there is a boat to them as well.

As Princess41 mentioned, you're making the jump from from a Moderate to a Deluxe resort. I just did a quick search, and you are probably going to double your price per night. There are more amenities at the Deluxe resorts, and the location is undeniably more convenient. However, is that worth $150/night? My in-laws are Disney Vacation Club members, and we travel with them sometimes, so we have stayed at many of the DVC properties. They are all very nice, and I would gladly stay there again. However, for our family, we find that the difference in price between a Deluxe and a Moderate is not worth it. I understand that not everyone will agree, but that's how we feel.

I understand the hesitancy about the regular sized beds at the Caribbean Beach Resort. However, we have stayed there several times and have enjoyed it. I wouldn't be afraid to stay there again. In fact, my wife is hesitant to try a different Moderate because she knows she likes that one and is a little afraid she won't like another one quite as much.

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
534 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

Both are lovely resorts. We've stayed at BWV but not Yacht Club (yet, it is in my radar for a future visit). We loved BWV and would absolutely stay there again. I understand that the pool at Yacht Club (shared with Beach Club) is the nicest pool of any of the Disney properties so that may help sway your decision.

The walk is 10-15 minutes to Epcot and 15-20 minutes to Hollywood Studios. I'm sure you would love either one. Check out pics. on line to see which appeals to you more.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,898 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

Agree with the others about the price increase - is there a reason these hotels weren't on your radar prior to booking?

If you like the location and don't like the price - you can also look at the Swan or Dolphin. Very often there are deals that bring the cost of these down to moderate and sometimes even less. The only thing is that there really is no "Disney" spirit there, it is a regular hotel (Starwood Brand). You also would not have the Magical Express, but you will get all the other on-site benefits - EMH, etc.

I've stayed at almost every hotel on property, and I for one would rather save my $$ than pony up for a deluxe hotel unless you plan on spending entire days just hanging out there.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

If you are looking for another moderate resort, you can take a look at Port Orleans French Quarter, the smallest of the moderates. Both the Beach Club and Boardwalk are great resorts but you pay for the convenience of the closeness to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The only downside besides price is the lack of counter service restaurants for brakfast. Happy Planning!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

We have been looking at Port Orleans - Riverside (Preferred room) also. We are quite sure we are going to change from Carribean Beach to a resort with Queen beds (just a personal preference). Boardwalk Inn was on our radar at initial planning and then we decided to book with Carribean Beach becasue of the cheaper room.

We like the option of the easy access to epcot and hollywood studios - also the theming of Boardwalk seems really cool also.

Thanks for the tips.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,873 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

I don't blame you, I wouldn't stay there or a value partly because of the bed size, those double beds are not comfy. I agree with taking a look at french quarter, small, cozy resort, not a lot of walking, one bus stop (sometimes the bus then goes to riverside and those people have to stand or keep waiting for another bus :)

8. Re: WDW Resorts - Just when you think you got it figured out....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 06:16