We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closed lands during EMH, unusual?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
closed lands during EMH, unusual?

Just playing around with My Disney Ap this am and noticed MK has EMH this am , but the only lands that have open rides are Fantasy and tomorrow land , frontier, liberty etc.... all showing closed as of couple minutes ago.

Is this usual? I don't want to make fast pass reservations or get everyone up at crack of dawn only to find half the park not open during our one and only EMH day.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: closed lands during EMH, unusual?

I don't think it's unusual and there are rides to go on in both lands, so why not take advantage?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: closed lands during EMH, unusual?

We will probably still take advantage of EMH if for no other reason than to see the park while relatively quite.

But will be a little disappointed cause our plan was to hit the big thrill rides first.

Is it always the same lands that are closed/open or do they vary?

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: closed lands during EMH, unusual?

I think it's always the same. I know it is at Disneyland.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,209 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: closed lands during EMH, unusual?

You can Google for a list of attractions open during extra magic hours. At Magic Kingdom that is different for morning hours versus evening hours

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: closed lands during EMH, unusual?

Thank you all. Now that I know I can plan around it:)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,112 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: closed lands during EMH, unusual?

Yes, only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open at MK during morning EMH. The rest of the areas open when the public opening time arrives one hour later, but you can at least be at the ropes and have a head start of those just entering the gates.

Evening EMH has all lands open and a vast majority of attractions do participate, but not 100%.

Edited: 10 April 2014, 16:24
england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: closed lands during EMH, unusual?

Although not all of the rides operate during emh, it's still worth doing as you can ride some rides and get in line for the main rides at opening. We did this and rode Everest three times within 15mins one morning so well worth it.

8. Re: closed lands during EMH, unusual?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16