We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Rent A Car Sanford/Orlando Airport

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar Rent A Car Sanford/Orlando Airport

I was deceived by the car rental counter woman at the Sanford/Orlando Airport. It had been some time since I had rented a car, but I remembered that, between my personal automobile insurance and the additional insurance provided by paying with a Visa card, that I would only need the Road Assistance coverage. The woman promptly told me that my Visa card would NOT cover Loss of Use to Dollar, should the car be out of the fleet for repair. When I questioned her, she REPEATED that she knew what she was talking about, that Visa did NOT cover Loss of Use, and painted a black picture of me being out thousands of dollars if the vehicle were damaged.

Not owning a web-enabled device, I had to believe that she was telling the truth. Turns out that she was not. When I contacted Dollar through their website, I was given a half-hearted apology for the agent's sales technique, then told that I'd signed a contract, and that they were unwilling to help me.

I will not use Dollar, Thrifty or Hertz unless I get a better response than that. A company should not stand behind employees who lie in order to pad their daily sales.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,695 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Rent A Car Sanford/Orlando Airport

Push back!

Use social media to the fullest advantage. Post your comments on Facebook where others (including corporate staff) will see them. Their Twitter handle is "@DollarCars". Complain to the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/

Edited: 10 April 2014, 18:35
Level Contributor
10,284 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollar Rent A Car Sanford/Orlando Airport

She was correct in that most all personal insurance and some cards do not pay for "loss of revenue"

I'm not sure you were "deceived". As I said she was correct in most cases.

3. Re: Dollar Rent A Car Sanford/Orlando Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 06:15
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now