We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendations

My daughter 23 & I will be staying in Orlando for 4 nights in September before heading to Miami.

Have just started looking at hotels to stay at & there are so many I don't know where to start looking.

We want somewhere close to restaurants, Sea World & Disney World as we won't have a car.

We also don't want somewhere that is over run with kids.

Looking at paying about $100 - $150 per night.

Thanks in advance.

Jacqui

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
450 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Best to look at Hotels off International drive , then as many have stated previously , has best transit to Disney and other areas from bus, many hotels offer free shuttle to parks. Most will have kids but not as many in September as most back in school.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Since SeaWorld and Disney will be your primary destinations I would look at something in the Downtown Disney Resort Hotels area on Hotel Plaza Blvd. These hotels have a very good Disney shuttle and are on a direct public bus route to SeaWorld. September is a slower season, I've been able to get the Hilton, Doubletree and Holiday Inn well within your price range.

For restaurants you'd have Downtown Disney and the Crossroads area of Lake Buena Vista within reach.

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com

Edited: 12 April 2014, 14:49
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Forgot to add:

The Downtown Disney Resort Hotels shuttle runs on a continuous route. Most other off-site hotel shuttles run on a (sometimes very limited) schedule which may or may not be convenient for you.

Also, guests at the DTD Hilton are eligible for Disney's Extra Magic Hours perk which is nice, especially in September when park hours tend to be shorter.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Hi.

Thanks for your replies.

After many hours of scouring the internet have decided on the Marriott Springhill Suites Orland at SeaWorld.

We definitely want to go to Seaworld & the water park there.

They have free shuttle to Seaworld & free front of line passes.

Not sure if we'll even go to Disney World as my daughter plans to go to Disneyland & maybe Universal when she is in LA so don't really want to stay in one of the Downtown Disney Resorts & had a look at their prices & they are more expensive than the Marriott.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendations

We stay at the Quality Suites, Palm Parkway Lake Buena Vista. There is a bus stop right outside which will take you to Downtown Disney and SeaWorld. It is also in walking distance to the Vista Centre and Crossroads restaurants and bars.

6. Re: Hotel Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:16