We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which fireworks are best??

Hampshire, uk
Level Contributor
265 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
which fireworks are best??

hi, to help decide which day to spend morning until night- can anyone say which is the best; wishes, fantasmic or epcot we are staying offsite which maybe a consideration? Also can we see any of these for free from afar thanks

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
450 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which fireworks are best??

Can see them all from afar for free. Epcot go to the Disney Boardwalk, just tell guard at parking came to see .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which fireworks are best??

You can probably see most of them from afar but you won't get anywhere near the best experience.

Personally, my favourites are Wishes. Fantasmic is good too but I'm not really a fan of Illuminations at Epcot.

Will you have kids with you?? If so then MK is probably the easiest park to spend all day at. If you're planning on staying right through to the fireworks then consider maybe not going until early/mid afternoon.

Hampshire, uk
Level Contributor
265 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which fireworks are best??

we will have our 13 year old daughter who will be hot and humid in August but we want to experience the best bits!!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which fireworks are best??

Our favourite is Illuminatons. :-)

Then Wishes.

Then Fantasmic.

We went to the Princess & Pirates Party a few years ago, thought they were awesome:-):-)

If there at Halloween, the MNSSHP fireworks are great as well.

The problem with watching from afar, is you miss so much of the other things going on, especially at Illuminations.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,513 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which fireworks are best??

Illuminations and Fantasmic are more like shows with fireworks, they need to be viewed inside the park or you are really missing most of it. MK fireworks can be viewed from the beach at the Polynesian hotel or the 4th floor observation deck at the Contemporary (both have the music piped in).

UK
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which fireworks are best??

I like illuminations and Fantasmic is the best show that Disney do. Illuminations really needs an update.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which fireworks are best??

For strictly fireworks and fireworks only, Wishes is likely considered by most the "best" show, as it's exclusively music and fireworks only.

However, Illuminations has many more elements that make it a great show as well. It has fire barges, a video globe, laser lights, water projection fountains, and probably more I'm forgetting in addition to quite a bit of fireworks.

Fantasmic has very little fireworks action per se, but it's more a "stage show" that has a few fireworks thrown in. It's a musical "story" show of the good vs. evil, with characters, water projection screens, stage props, a fire-breathing dragon that sets the lake on fire, and more.

Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: which fireworks are best??

If you have kids do fantasmic. It's a stage show and most of all they'll be able to see everything. I loved that show as a kid and found the fireworks at magic kindgom disappointing as I could not see but then again one of yous or both could lift them on their shoulders.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which fireworks are best??

Best is subjective. Our favourite is Illuminations by a mile followed by Wishes, personally I don't care much for Fantasmic.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which fireworks are best??

Wishes and Illuminations are both great. Fantasmic is not fireworks, it is a show. More than half the show is movie clips projected onto water "screens."