We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car size?? Family four with infant

Scotland
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car size?? Family four with infant

Morning

Off to Orlando in October and looking for some guidance on the car we should hire. Last year we had an extra two in the party so went for the 7 seater passenger van. On this occasion, just the four of us, 6 year old and 1 year old. We will have a buggy, four large bags and four carry bags. We are staying onsite at Disney for 5 days and then on to Kissimmee for the last 9, so the plan is to pack the bags so we only have to unpack 1/2 bags at Disney hotel and either leave the remainder in the car or in the room depending on space. Would a full size car be suffice? Tempted to go for the 7 seater again as the cost difference in doing so is minimal, and we only intend on doing the parks with possibly the odd day at a beach and Busch Gardens, which will be furthest we will travel. Never had a full size car, so any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car size?? Family four with infant

we are a family of 2 adults and 1 child with buggy and luggage but am taking my mum this time, we have ordered a standard car from Alamo so usually the cars are the chrysler 200, sebring etc.. they are 4 doors and although they try to tell you to upgrade as your luggage wont fit, it totally will. we never feel squashed or that its too small for our luggage. off course its entirely up to you but id say standard or full size or whatever it is that they categorise it as.

have a great time

UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car size?? Family four with infant

Hi All,

was reading on another forum that Alamo do not have a Standard Car line in Orlando, there is just a Full Size Line and you can your pick from that. I have just ordered the Standard today for September. There is only 2 of us but had a full size last and it was much more spacious and comfortable.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Car size?? Family four with infant

Hi, I'm in the same situation. I was thinking of an intermediate SUV as I prefere to be higher when driving. I'm hoping this would be the right size, not sure what they're like for boot space.

Scotland
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car size?? Family four with infant

Thanks for the help so far. I was thinking of the intermediate suv, had one a few years back and quite sure although the boot was not as deep as a car, the height made up for it, however this was pre-children. The intermediate SUV and full size car both seem to suggest 3 - 5 cases can be managed, just this dreaded buggy, folds reasonably flat, but still takes up more than 1 case worth of space, that's got me worried.

Might do a wee trial run with my Civic to see if I can squeeze it all in, which would mean anything standard or more would be more than suffice.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car size?? Family four with infant

years ago we had a ford explorer, similar size to a land rover but bigger boot and we just put the buggy in the back with out having to keep folding it up when we went out, it was lovely and not much more to upgrade too

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car size?? Family four with infant

Here is a link to see various classes of vehicle. They all have video links to see inside and in the boot.

http://www.uscarhire.com/cartypes.aspx

Regards,

Deaconblue

7. Re: Car size?? Family four with infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:17