We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

slowly getting Christmas sorted. .any ideas for New Year?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
slowly getting Christmas sorted. .any ideas for New Year?

I'm trying to make some special but practical plans for the crazy Christmas/New Year week..this is what I've come up with so far.

21st to 23rd Disney Parks especially to see decorations and parades, few fast pass rides.

Christmas Eve...try to get Candlelight Process dinner package at Epcot.

Christmas Day...in villa, try to cook family turkey, msybe visit Disney hotels for ambience.

Boxing Day...drive to Clearwater, one night stay at Holiday Inn ( dolphins please!).

After that I'm not so sure. Want to visit Universal Studios ONLY to see Christmas Parades and lights ( because have booked 2 night stay on 4th Jan for fast passes). Any ideas when would be best to plan this in?

Also New Years Eve/Day....haven't got a clue what to do. We have 4 children, 16,14, 14 and 9) so would have to be family friendly. Would be very grateful of any good ideas?

This is VERY exciting but worried I'm becoming addicted to planning!!!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: slowly getting Christmas sorted. .any ideas for New Year?

Whatever you plan make sure you pack some warm clothes. Our first trip was over New year in 1997 and we ended up going back to our hotel at 10pm as we were so cold!

Try and get a reservation at the hoop de doo review at fort wilderness resort at Disney. That's a really enjoyable family evening.

Have fun planning.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: slowly getting Christmas sorted. .any ideas for New Year?

Hi

Don't know if you are planning to go to Seaworld. I have often recommended it for New Years Eve the feedback has been extremely positive. The shows are great and my suggestion of heading for the last Ice Show and remaining for the countdown has been a great success for everyone. Good luck with deciding.

cambridge. uk
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: slowly getting Christmas sorted. .any ideas for New Year?

Thank you both for those ideas. I hadn't thought about a dinner show so will have a look at them.

We hadn't planned on going to Seaworld because my teens were pretty upset about the blackfish film and don't want to visit. I have heard that others really enjoyed it though :-)

Do you think MK will be ridiculously busy NYE? X

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,538 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: slowly getting Christmas sorted. .any ideas for New Year?

You seem to have 2 accounts Sonia...The parks will be busy. I worked two NYEs at DHS and it wasn't busting at the seems by midnight. There was a dance party by the Hat, so that pulled a lot of the crowds away from the rides. This is one of the few nights a year regular guests can experience actual fireworks in DHS too (Fantasmic does not count as fireworks in my book). Luckily, I was stationed outside both years and got to see them myself:)

I suspect the other parks will have similar activities to draw the crowds away from the rides, but yes, they will have elevated attendance.

www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/new-years-eve.htm

cambridge. uk
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: slowly getting Christmas sorted. .any ideas for New Year?

Stupid phone! I downloaded TA app onto my phone and it appears to have made another account! Sorry...will see if I can work out how to delete it x

cambridge. uk
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: slowly getting Christmas sorted. .any ideas for New Year?

Thanks anonymous for that info and link, it was very helpful. Do you happen to know roughly when the parks release their up to date Christmas/New Year details and opening times?

7. Re: slowly getting Christmas sorted. .any ideas for New Year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:16