We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Day 2

So even though I was wrecked and thought it wouldn't happen to me, I was awake from about 3am. Two wee sons weren't far behind me so we tortured DH until he was awake too ( very evil!). We unpacked, dressed and were in Walgreens before 6.30am. Strange sort of store but we bought a couple of essentials (and Minecraft toys which apparently are awesome!).

Woke up the parents and were in the AK for 5 mins after rope drop. Very nice park! I had used the fast pass+ a few weeks ago to book the Safari first thing, followed by Kali River Rapids and then the Nemo show. Really didn't need to as everything was pretty much walk on at that point. The Safari was excellent, we saw loads of animals. Loved the rapids but could have done with more drops, thought it was over very quick, but was very funny! My DS10 and DH then did Everest which I couldn't believe because usually DS is afraid of lots of things but he was so proud of himself.

The highlight was definitely the Nemo Show. Absolutely brilliant! I got my first feeling of Disney magic towards the end, we all loved it.

At this point because we hadn't brought anything into the AK we had spent $5 on 3 Bananas, €12 on 2 cokes and 3 bars of chocolate and lunch in Restaurantasaurus was around $60 for the 6 of us which wasn't too bad I suppose and the free salad / toppings bar was good. Going to be more organised tomorrow though and pack drinks and snacks.

The park really started to fill up around mid-day and there seemed to be lots of school groups there. We were fading by then and as we had done everything we wanted to do we decided to head back to the hotel. Really enjoyed the AK but imo think it could do with another couple of big rides?

On way home mum decided we really could do with finding a supermarket so I directed DH ( using my memory from google street view - get me!) to the massive Walmart not far from Lake Buena Vista outlet. Jez it was big! There was everything under the sun in there. Even a whole Disney shop that is run by Disney staff!

Got lots of essentials like 30 bottles of water for $4 (they are $2 each in hotel!) and a toaster for $8. DS8 got cute Disney stationary packs for his wee friends at school for $3 each and a Goofy $14 cheaper than a similar one he had seen in AK. Well worth going to ended up spending $140 though.

Really flagging now so back to hotel and kids wanted to go swimming but rain started and pools closed so we had an afternoon of Monopoly and games in the hotel games room. I fell asleep and to be honest was too tired to go out for dinner (Millers will have to wait another night). Had some toast and snacks and all asleep for 10pm.

Slept to 5.30am so a definite improvement. MK today - bring it on!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Have a wonderful day in MK but with those very early mornings I can guarantee you will be walking bandy legged and bozz eyed later.

Lol

paisley
Level Contributor
605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Loving your trip reports were stating at the point in September x

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Great tr,I bet there will be no stopping your DS on the coasters now :)

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Great trip reports :-)

We are staying there in oct !! All the info helps us first-timers :-)

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Great TR! Sounds like you are having a great vaca.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Yep defs sounds like a great first park day :-)

Enjoy MK today......thanks for posting your reports!!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Fab TR, sounds like a great first day.

Looking forward to more, have a great time at MK

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

That's brilliant that your DS has the rollercoaster bug on day 1. He'll have a ball. I welled up in the Nemo show. It's really beautifully done. Enjoy MK.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

Great day at AK.

10. Re: Dar's Easter TR - Day 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 05:15