We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet Lag

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jet Lag

My sister just send me the details of these glasses that claim to cut out Jet Lag if your not lucky enough to travel on the Dreamliner.

She brought a pair for her and her husband for their holiday to Australia and she said they worked fine they are expensive though I havnt tried Amazon yet .

Sill if you suffer with JL they may be the answer .

http://re-timer.com/

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet Lag

I like the sound of these Nemsis but just too expensive! I would love a miracle cure!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,124 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet Lag

For some reason myself and family have never had jetlag, been Florida twice. I took Chinners advice on here a couple of years ago, on getting home set your alarm and have 1 hrs sleep, no more, then get up and go to bed normal time. Worked for us both times anyway :) We don't wake up at silly o'clock when we are away either, strange family :))

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet Lag

I don't mind the jet lag when we get there, the jet lag coming home can be a bind though. I've found the best way to get over it is go straight to work the day after you get back! Nothing gets the body clock back into a rhythm like the 6am Alarm going off on your 1st day back!!

And an alarm clock costs a fraction of those glasses ;)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet Lag

I work shifts, so when we go I would be on nightshift , and when we return it's a late afternoon shift, I try and stay up till 10pm local time, then zzzsville, always up at 4 am even at home ...

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet Lag

I always hang on to Jet lag when I return telling my sons that they will have to carry on without me trouble is they are now asking why its only one way, and wouldnt belive my explanation of the way the world turns east to west and west to east :))

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet Lag

Lol good one nemmis!!!!

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet Lag

Basically all these are is lights that shine in your face for $300. Bit of a scam. Amazon sells a variety of lights for much less money. Besides, are you really going a walk around in public wearing those?

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet Lag

The Dreamliner did nothing to ease our jet lag because our flights were delayed by ten hours outbound and four hours inbound sitting on the runway waiting to take off (technical problems in both cases). I ended up with suspected DVT and had to have a load of tests in hospital. They have a miserable track record re: safety issues and delays. I would prefer never to fly in one again!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet Lag

I've never really shown much interest in the Dreamliner so I'm interested to know how Boeing claim it helps Jetlag??

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet Lag

dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1295886/Boein…