We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Disney Resort?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Disney Resort?

While a lot of us our waiting on offers hopefully coming out this week I thought it would be a good time to ask what is your favorite Disney Resort? And Why? If you have a favorite Value, Moderate & Deluxe please let us know? Think it might help others decide on which resort to choose for their Disney Holiday.

I can't decide between POR (royal room) and I loved this resort on honeymoon, BC (love the location) or Animal Kingdom (hubby loves it).

Edited: 21 April 2014, 14:23
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,695 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Disney Resort?

Here are my personal preferences; I'm sure all of us have different favorites for different reasons.

Deluxe: Wilderness Lodge--love the decor, layout, and close proximity to Magic Kingdom.

Moderate: Port Orleans Riverside--love the room decor/layout and garden-like feel of Alligator Bayou section, boat to DTD, great food court, parking right next to the room.

Value: Pop Century or Art of Animation if they ever offer a discounted room--low-cost value, central location, theming with the huge icons and bright colors.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Disney Resort?

Value Pop

Moderate POFQ small easy to navigate

Deluxe AKL love the savannah rooms

DVC SSR love everything about it, location, villas, staff, pools, just everything

Of the 3 you are thinking of I would choose the AKL or even the BC, they are both a different class to POR

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,260 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Disney Resort?

Deluxe: Boardwalk for the location and theming

Moderate: Port Orleans French Quarter for the size, theming, and benefit of using facilities of Port Orleans Riverside as well

Value: Pop Century for the location and the fact that it doesn't share buses. Hate the theming of all the value resorts.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,802 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Disney Resort?

Moderate: Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings forever!) for the size, theme, pool and boat to Downtown Disney.

Deluxe: Yacht & Beach Club (with the nod to the YC side) for the pool area, the ability to walk into EPCOT, short boat ride to Disney Studios and walk to vast array of restaurants in the Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin, EPCOT and DHS.

If the Magic Kingdom were our priority (which it isn't) we'd choose the Wilderness Lodge for the pools, theming, and quietness because it is a bit remote from the Poly, DGF and Contemp. But if MK was the priority and WL was full, any of the other three deluxes are more than adequate.

As to the AKL, we've stayed there once, loved it and loved the savannah, but it is more remote than we would like. I am sure others find that remoteness a potent feature.

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Disney Resort?

Love reading about everyone's favs. Never really considered WL before but it looks beautiful with girls 6 & 4 MK will be priority for us especially as we hope to go to MNSSHP and MVMCP each week. At the minute it is only an extra £200 (although without dining) from what I'm currently paying for AoA. Really love the look of the BC though too as near two theme parks & boardwalk for nighttime eating without having to queue for buses after

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Disney Resort?

Deluxe: Savanna View at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Moderate: Port Orleans

Value: Art of Animation

Dolphin and Swan is very nice too!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Disney Resort?

Deluxe - Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge

Moderate - PO French Quarter

Values - none

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Disney Resort?

Deluxe - Wilderness Lodge

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201827

Once I start thinking and dreaming about the WL, I can't really think or dream of any other Resort !

Peaceful, Relaxing, good Dining Options, Lovely Pools and Hot Tubs, quiet Beach, boat to Magic Kingdom, walking trail to Fort Wilderness ( for a super good breakfast at Trails End :) easy transport to the Monorail Resorts for even more Dining Options, great Cast Members, feels miles away from Everything, ahhhhh, wish I was there right now

9. Re: Favorite Disney Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:16