We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot walking

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot walking

Hi! We have dinner reservations at Cape Mae Cafe at the Beach Club Resort one night. We are staying at the POP and using Disney Transport. I had read that you can get to the Beach Club Resort by walking all the way through Epcot. ( I have park hopper so it won't be a problem entering the park) Anyway........Was wondering approx how long it would take to walk through the park or would it be better to ride to Epcot and get off and wait on the Beach Club Resort bus and ride it? Or would it be quicker to go to one of the other parks? Thanks!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,011 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot walking

www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

this is a good site for travel around WDW

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot walking

I would say it's a good 25-30 from the EPCOT bus stop to the Beach Club. I would actually get a bus from Pop to Hollywood Studios and then ride the water taxi across to the Beach Club. On the return journey if DHS is closed get the bus to DTD and transfer to the Pop bus there.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot walking

Hi, I'd say about 5-10 mins, its quickest to walk past Canada and out that way. We're walking through when we're picking up and dropping off our car from the dolphin hotel.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,759 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot walking

You could walk through if the park is open and it is not a ticket waste but it will take a good 20 minutes or more. I would take the bus from Pop to Hollywood Studios then the boat to the hotel. But will you be starting from Pop or another park? This is also an instance I brought up where you could valet for free at the hotel if you have a disabled badge and your car.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot walking

Totally agree with the others about catching a bus to Hollywood Studios and then taking the Friendship Boat over (or you could walk if you really wanted). The walk through EPCOT would normally take 20 minutes, but if you are travelling with someone in a mobility scooter it will take longer. The Disney ones have speed regulation that is very slow, but maybe yours can go a bit faster.

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot walking

Is the water taxi handicap accessible? I like that idea! We have thought about driving....probably will depend on how my father feels that afternoon as getting in and out of the vehicle is so hard on him.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot walking

Scooters with a governor on it...sounds a little funny...lol

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot walking

LOL. We are traveling with our own scooter and before in an open area I've had to tell him to slow down cause I can't walk that fast. I figure tho at Disney his speed will be controlled by the people in the park......Don't want to run over anyone! :-)

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot walking

Yes, they have ramps to drive the scooter right on the boat. The entrance to the boat is to the right of the park entrance.

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot walking

Awesome! Thanks! That looks like what I'll do!