We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rope Drop question

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rope Drop question

Hi all~

Do the other parks put on a production for rope drop, or just MK?

Thanks!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rope Drop question

I think it's just the MK now, DHS definitely stopped theirs and I'm almost sure AK has stopped theirs too.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,686 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rope Drop question

EPCOT and DHS used to when I worked there, it was nowhere near as elaborate as MK. We used to pick a family of the day to ride our ride first and there was a countdown. I don't think this happens anymore.

I think the other 3 parks just let you kind of filter into the parks slightly before opening now. Drawing a rope drop position was the worst. Everyone tried to run by you, when its like hey buddy the ride doesn't start til we get there to push the buttons!

Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rope Drop question

Thanks so much for the info! I had always wanted to make it to MK rope drop and we finally did this past January. My kids love to recall the story that when the train came around the corner and Mickey got off, I burst into tears! ( I have no idea why?!) We all got a giggle out of it though, and when we didn't make it to the fireworks that night DS (10 and a smart alec!) said "it's okay cause mom probably would have cried anyways!"

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rope Drop question

Yes, they have now definitely stopped the "opening ceremonies" shows in all the parks except Magic Kingdom.

Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rope Drop question

Thank you!

6. Re: Rope Drop question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 06:16