We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

Hi,

I've seen the disney dining free plan offer today and am looking to book our first trip next August. For 10 nights.

It will cost me around £1500 more to stay in a disney hotel with the 14 day park tickets and free disney dining than to stay In a good 4* hotel on I drive room only.

Is it worth me paying the extra £1500 for a disney hotel and the tickets and dining plan?

Also, if you have to self serve dining plan, can you use the credits towards table meals when at disney or not?

Many thanks

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

Also, this was booking a package holiday,

Am I better off doing this or booking direct with disney? As flights are not available yet and I have no idea how much flights could cost to Orlando in August?

pa
Level Contributor
54,006 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

Quick service dining credits are only good at quick service / counter service restaurants. I assume you are looking at a Moderate Resort, yes ? You can upgrade your plan, for a fee OR book a Deluxe Resort and get the Table Service Plan will be included for free

Staying on site is well worth it, IMHO of course. Keep in mind you won't need a car rental or have to pay parking charges, that saves quite a bit plus all your meals are taken care of. Always good to compare prices with those Perks counted in

How many of you are going ? Where are you hoping to stay ? ( which Resort was included in the Disney Offer ?)

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

It was at Caribbean beach for 2 adults and 1 child.

The total cost with flight, car hire and tickets, free dining plan was £5000 for the 10 nights.

Thanks for your reply

Edited: 24 April 2014, 17:23
Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

Hello, to package or not depends on when you would be flying. If you went onto Disney direct, the cost of a regular room at Carribean beach will be about £2k depending on your dates for 2 weeks, so even with tickets those are fairly expensive flights unless you are flying at the height of summer?

We had the table service plan (free deal) a few weeks ago, and we loved it, although didn't really get the 'value' from it that we would have wanted had we paid for it. We found that we were often too tired for a proper meal, so might have been better with the QS plan . When I priced up the 'upgrade' option, I thought it was good value if you plan on eating at TS restaurants lots, or using the 2-credit restaurants, but otherwise you are better just paying as-you-go.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,449 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

We did it last October, booked direct with Disney. If you are buying Disney tickets , it is not an extra if you are going anyway. Are you getting the gift card? You really don't need car hire for your entire stay, if any of it. Transfers from MCO are free to WDW.

With no car hire, no parking fees , free transfer and $200 gift card, staying at Disney with free dining was our cheapest option.

pa
Level Contributor
54,006 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

Agree with claspdex, don't really need the car, ask for that to be deducted and then add in the extra $200 gift card ( that should already be included in the New Free Dining Offer. The Quick Service Dining Plan works well if you are "on the go" types, you could always pay out of pocket for a character meal or finer dining experience, if you wanted. We always get our money's worth ( even when not free ) because we really enjoy having a nice and relaxing Table Service Dinner each night, we more often then not, plan our whole Holiday around where we will be having Dinner each night, Disney has some of our favourite Restaurants anywhere in the World :)

I might price it all up separately, booking Disney Resort and Tickets ( and the new current free dining offer ) direct with Disney and Flights with Virgin or whoever, has the best deals right now

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,449 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

Should have mentioned the free refillable mug, that alone saved us $$$

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

I should also have added that we booked everything separately and paid £400 more than you have been quoted, for 2 weeks just prior to Easter for 4 of us at SSR with the table service dining plan, $200 gift card and Ultimate tickets. We didn't bother with the car as the buses were great, and we flew with VA from Manchester.

Good luck

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

I'd ad try calling Disney as they sometimes have pre-sale flights for sale so you can fully compare. I mistakenly dithered for a day last year and missed out on direct BA flights for Gatwick for about £3500, when released on gen sale more like £4700. We ended up going indirect for £3150. I'd have paid the extra for direct.

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney dining 2015, is it worth it? First timer help please

Thank you for all of your replies.

I will contact disney to see if they have pre release flights today.

:)