We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bag drop with Virgin...

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Bag drop with Virgin...

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you have checked in online with Virgin you only need to be at the airport an hour before your flight leaves to drop your bags. Is this correct?

Thanks Jo :-)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,944 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

In theory yes - but I wouldn't chance it anything could happen and leaving it so late you would miss your flight

2hrs is more like it

Level Contributor
519 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

I wouldn't risk leaving security with 1hr. There could be a few flights leaving at once and security could be rammed and you'll be a nervous wreck! Not worth the risk Ide say. 2hrs is ample though :-)

Level Contributor
519 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

I wouldn't risk leaving security with 1hr. There could be a few flights leaving at once and security could be rammed and you'll be a nervous wreck! Not worth the risk Ide say. 2hrs is ample though :-)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

No way would I get to the airport only an hour before my flight!!! Don't forget you still have to check your bags in and go through security, which could take some time. Don't risk it.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 23:27
lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

Thanks for the replies. We are getting picked up at 8am so should be there by 9am. I'm sure that will give us plenty of time :)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

I don't know where you live (Lancashire?) but we only live an hour from LGW and would never do the drive down on the day we fly. If there is an accident on the M25 you could be stuck for hours? We book into a hotel near the airport and do Twilight Check-In the night before we fly. I just wouldn't want to take the chance of missing my flight.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,944 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

I agree traveller

I remember a few years ago there was a fatal crash on the M56 early one Monday morning and the motorway was closed all day!!!!

Can you imagine how many people missed their flights

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

We are traveling from Colne Lancashire to Manchester. You have sold it to me I'm going to change pick up time to 6.30 am to make sure we be there in plenty of time. Fingers crossed there are no accidents!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

Glad we could be of help! Hope you have a great holiday.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bag drop with Virgin...

Traveller from the UK - you would think we would know by now as this is our 14th trip. It just threw me with the online check-in thinking we could save some time and not have to get up so early. But hey who will be sleeping? We will be too excited. Always better to get there early than not at all.

Don't know if I will bore you all with another series of Disney free TR's this time but watch this space :)