We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastpass decisions

wiltshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Topic
Fastpass decisions

Hi

Having a little think about fastpass+

We get to book ours 60 days in advance. We go in September so gotta few months to wait yet but I'm wondering when is the best time of day to book our fast passes?

There's the option of booking the 3 fastpasses in the morning - when the park is quieter but also having the advantage of using the extra fastpasses once our pre-booked ones have been used but also running the risk of them running out!

Or do we do the rides in the morning with no fastpasses whilst it's quieter and book all our pre-booked ones in the afternoon!

Why do disney have to make things so hard!! Lol it's all plan plan plan!

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,625 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastpass decisions

I've decided to stick with plan A. This is get to parks early and ride ride ride until lunch. Then we can take a break back at resort to get out of heat. Then back to park around half 4 to 5 and have FPs lined up with table service meal.

Who knows what the best route will be, but my guess is best rides will sell out before day anyway so extra passes will only be for less popular rides.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
395 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastpass decisions

I think there will be FastPass+ available for all rides on the day but of course those for popular rides will go early.

wiltshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastpass decisions

Yea I'm thinking about EMH and the mornings so do a load of rides then whilst it's quiet and then use my 3 passes in the afternoon. Can't imagine it will be heaving in September in the mornings anyway, well fingers crossed it won't be!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,187 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastpass decisions

September is busier at Disney than it used to be, and if free dining offers come out, it will be even busier.

However, I'm also planning a trip at that point likely visiting all four parks and my plan of attack for FP+ is based on what park I'm visiting.

At MK for instance, I'll book all 3 morning FP+ and then get more throughout the day. At Epcot, which has far fewer FP+ attractions than MK, I want that guaranteed Soarin ride at the end of the day, so I'll book for mid afternoon and later in the evening, therefore likely foregoing the opportunity for more than 3 FP+ that day.

For the DHS and AK parks, which I'll likely combine into one day, I'll book only for DHS which I'll visit later in the day and just use the low crowd levels of early morning to do the AK attractions in standby.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,948 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastpass decisions

I think I would aim for mid-late morning when the parks start to fill up a bit. Use the first hour or so to run around doing things you may not have FPs for. I hope they increase the number of kiosks in the park though. We had to stand in a line just to find out there were no FPs for anything good left. With the change on the go option, it doesn't look like there is a way to alert people to what is "sold out."

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastpass decisions

I think it also depends on your party. If you are adults early you're more likely to have the stamina for your FP+ in the afternoon/evening after being in the park all day. IMHO this is a more risky strategy. We often left after lunch and didn't return if we'd been there since rope drop or did just a couple more rides. We were never really in the parks after 2.30pm. For us FP+ worked best between 11 and 1ish.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
720 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fastpass decisions

I think it depends. I agree it depends on the park you are visiting. When we went to Sea World or Universal we would try and get FP for Soarin or Test Track for later in the day/evening but they had all usually gone (and we did try and do some a few days before) The same went for HS when we wanted Toy Story in the evening. We booked most of ours for afternoon and did as much as possible in the morning before relaxing a bit after lunch knowing we had rides we wanted. It worked for us but everyone is different. Good luck which ever you decide and have a great time!

8. Re: Fastpass decisions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 05:16