We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I find "Cape Coral"style vacation home near Orlando

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
4 posts
Save Topic
How can I find "Cape Coral"style vacation home near Orlando

So I wanted to book a vacation villa instead of a hotel when going to Florida next time, and also to go to the theme parks.

I once stayed with my family in a beautiful vacation home in Cape Coral.

When I started looking for a rental in Orlando, I was disappointed to find that really most

places I found seemed less nice, more "crowded", more like house next to house-situation.

I compared to Cape Coral houses and found this must be regional thing. In Cape Coral, most houses are bigger, with bigger property and seem more cared for and private, due to more space.

Does anyone know why this is and how I can find a home more like that near Disney etc?

It doesn´t have to be Orlando, maybe just something a little closer than Cape Coral.

Or just that there are more houses in Orlando?

anyway, glad for any advice! Thank you

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I find "Cape Coral"style vacation home near Orlando

Orange County is not zoned for them. Stand alone vacation homes will be near Kissimmee and Davenport. They will be next to each other because they are built in sub-divisions.

People that own homes want real neighbors and a community, not different tourists moving in and out week after week which is why they are located only in certain areas.

Under "top questions about Orlando" look at "where can I find a map of villa locations".

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,027 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I find "Cape Coral"style vacation home near Orlando

It's 2014. A developer isn't going to build 1 when they can build (and sell!) 5 on the same space. Cape Coral has a much different history of development. And, of course, a different location. But high density planned developments are the norm for short term rental approved communities and following that 5-10 feet side yard setbacks such that there is only 10-20 feet between homes is commonplace and meets the minimum zoning requirements. Even in more strictly residential neighborhoods in Central Florida this closeness is common. You can try a large home in Formosa Gardens Estates or Reunion for something a bit less cookie cutter. Or simply pick a home which isn't overlooked in the back.

3. Re: How can I find "Cape Coral"style vacation home near Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 06:16