We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on where to stay

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
advice on where to stay

Going with a family member (30 years old) that has never been to disney world before. I would like to make it fun, so i was thinking of picking a value resort since it is theamed nicely. Or should i go with a moderate resort?

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
8,003 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on where to stay

As an adult, if it is in the budget, I would go for the moderate. The value resort theming is very in-your-face and colorful, catering to smaller children. The moderate resorts have more immersive theming. I personally prefer Port Orleans French Quarter. It is small and themed to New Orleans/Mardi Gras. The architecture and the grounds are really lovely in my opinion. The parks are full of Disney/colors/fun so it really is nice to go back to a hotel with more subtle theming at the end of a long day.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on where to stay

I agree with the prior post. WDW is constantly running room specials, so you might be able to spring for a moderate depending upon when you go. If you want to see more about Port Orleans, you should check out this very good unofficial website:

http://www.portorleans.org/

3. Re: advice on where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 07:15