We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of November/ Beginning of December

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blackthorn, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
End of November/ Beginning of December

We are thinking of travelling to Orlando end of November / beginning of December how will the weather be then? Also how are the park crowds. We will be travelling with our three year old and want to do Magic Kingdom, LEGOLAND, SeaWorld, Animal Kingdom so is it worth staying in a Disney hotel or would somewhere on international drive by suitable? Many thanks

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

The weather at that time can be very unpredictable ,we decided to take the Grandchildren on December the 2nd so they could see the lights and decorations and It was frezzing for the first week and the second wasnt much better even the pool heater could not cope and it was to cold to use the water parks.

The following year it was sunny and warm so its a bit of pot luck IMO ,I have had cold weather in early November and a heat wave in March the only times I seem to be happy are early May and 2-3-4 weeks in October

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,154 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

We went one year in early December.....never again! It was bitterly cold for almost the whole week we were there. It really is pot luck as it is winter but you could be lucky and get a warm spell. Like Nemmis, the only months we have had lovely weather (hot and very little rain) have been October and May...we never go in high summer. One November it was so cold we had to buy fleeces but the previous two years, we had really hot weather at that time.

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

Last year i went nov - first week was roasting, 2nd was freezing!! lol what a holiday! Parks are really quite except thanks giving week.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

The weather can be all over the place. Thanksgiving weekend is one of the busiest travel weekends in our country. I would avoid traveling over that weekend.

Edited: 30 April 2014, 17:53
Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

Callum, we must have been in Orlando the same time as you last Nov. "The 2nd week was freezing"....we were roasting staying at Disney:-)))) We only have a couple of cold wet days out the month. Think some peoples idea of cold weather must be different to others :-)

Off this year 12th Nov to 11th Dec so the weather better be good !

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

Me and the OH went 2 years ago, arrived 2 days before thanksgiving and stayed for 2 weeks. We went to aquatica and the water was very cold but made for an eventful experience jumping in and out the water to get a heat from the sun. The weather was great for the full 2 weeks, the usual midday storms only happened once or twice as far as I remember and I wore shorts and t shirt for the full 2 weeks apart from a few nights wearing a hoody while at downtown disney. My girlfriend (who moans about being cold 24/7) wore shorts/dresses through the day and took a top or hoody for night times when the temp dropped a bit. The queues at the parks were far smaller and less busy overall as well as prices for flights etc being cheaper, we are going back same time this year and I would recommend it to anybody.

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

We went with our 3 yo last October. We stayed in a condo near the 192, about 15mins from Magic Kingdom. It was a great location for WDW and DD had her own room, and we had our room too, plus a living room, kitchenette including a washing machine & tumbler dryer, big fridge etc. we have toyed with staying on site at Disney and as much as we would like to, we feel it is too expensive for us. For small families I personally feel that the villas are expensive and for us with a small child being able to put them to bed in their own room, and then chill out is valuable to us. Just our personal opinion of course. Also the in room laundry facilities were brilliant, especially as DD had a few wet accidents!

We have previously stayed on I drive and we do prefer that area with the restaurants etc, but whilst DD is small, 192 area is right for us. When she's older & we include Universal in trips, hopefully we'll stay on I-Dr again.

Hope this helps

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

Maybe freezing was a bit harsh, but as I sat watching that phantasmic show, in a vest n shorts, water blowing on me and no sun cause it was later on really made me cold lol

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

It has literally frozen overnight at that time of year, so it wasn't harsh. I have spend a few Black Fridays on the beach at sunrise in three layers of clothes.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: End of November/ Beginning of December

will jeans and sweaters be req`d?