We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last post:(

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Last post:(

It's my last post as we are heading to Los Angeles tomorrow so my daughter can see the blinkin hollywood sign and then sitting beside a pool for a week in rarotonga before heading home to reality.

Our last couple of days have been at IOA although it doesn't have the disney magic it has all the thrill rides that hubby and son love. We have enjoyed our time here more than I could ever write. I feel sorry for friends and family back home because we have so much to talk about! We have created so many memories, one in particular was at seaworld before the Shamu show started, the host asked all military people to stand up and within a minute there was around 20-30 people standing and then EVERYONE clapped in appreciation of their services. Tears to my eyes!

Thank you to everyone once again for all your help and tips they have made our trip magic!!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last post:(

One more thing, does anyone know how strict the weight is with checked in luggage to la? We have one bag that is 700 grams over

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last post:(

Aww, shame it's your last post but I have enjoyed reading 😃, good luck with the overweight bag, I have no idea how strict they are, sorry!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
1,772 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last post:(

Regarding how strict they are with luggage, it depends on who you are flying with.

I was once in San Francisco airport where the check in counter was rather strict with people being just a pound or two overweight.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last post:(

We are flying with Virgin

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,175 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last post:(

Glad you had a magical time.

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
650 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last post:(

We were 5kg over with Virgin last year. The chap just smiled as he checked the weight and said nothing. I guess it depends on the individual member of staff.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last post:(

I'm sure you're already on your way home but Virgin are really good like that. I'd be surprised if they pinned you for that.

Oh that SeaWorld thing always makes me choke up. It's such a beautiful thing to stand them up and have everyone acknowledge the sacrifice they make for us all :-)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us and it makes me get teary just thinking about the memories a trip like this creates!! Good on you :-)

Safe travels now and for the future mate!

8. Re: Last post:(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:16