We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Studio with 4 year old ?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Studio with 4 year old ?

Hi All,

We are planning to go to universal with our 4 year old this Memorial week end. Is 4 years too young for Universal ? Also is it worth speding 3 days in Universal ?

Thank you !

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Studio with 4 year old ?

Personally I don't think there's a huge amount for little ones in universal, there's a few attractions but I wouldn't say you could fill 3 days, most of the rides are for adults or older children, there's still Seuss landing though which would entertain a youngster for a while. However I can't offer personal experience as I have no kids and have only ever been to Florida with adults.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,752 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Studio with 4 year old ?

If you did only 4 year old thigs you could be through both parks in a day. But nothing wrong

with a slow pace and afternoons at the pool! The things that are age appropriate are fun and they'll have a blast with. It's just that there is more for older ages. Be sure to hit Pteranodon Flyers and the kid coasters

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Studio with 4 year old ?

My son was a few months off of 4 when we went and he LOVED it. Definitely plenty to do. We had 2.5 days there and still felt we could have stayed longer.

He could have played for hours in Suess Landings and the Curious George fun house thing. But plenty of rides/shows to enjoy too.

I'm trying to think off hand of all the things he went on in both parks. Simpsons was one of his favs, Jurassic Park, Spider-Man ...another fav, Shrek, ET, MIB, Woody Woodpecker, Storm Force, Camp Jurassic, oh Despicable Me..nearly forgot that. These are all things he really enjoyed but he also done Twister, Terminator, Disaster prob more but can't think.

It always amazes me when people say there is nothing for wee kids cos I think there is loads. Be prepared to take it leisurely and let your little one play for a while in the play areas but really I would say go for it. 😃

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Studio with 4 year old ?

Thanks y'all. I guess we will stick to myrtle beach :)

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Studio with 4 year old ?

My 3 year old loved it!!!!!

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
638 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Studio with 4 year old ?

My 5 year old daughter preferred Universal Studios to any of the Disney parks. There is so much there for both litttle ones and adults alike I think.

7. Re: Universal Studio with 4 year old ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:16