We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

I said I would report about this when we got here on Wednesday so sorry I am a bit late.

I went to the customer service desk and I asked if I could use the kiosk but was told to get in line. When I got to an agent I asked about the 'Save time' and on line check in I had already complete d and was told that most times the kiosks didn't work and renters have to go to the counter. I handed over our licences and paperwork and there was no attempt to sell me anything.

Deaconblue

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

Hi Deacon, so pleased you arrived safely and that you didn't get the 'hard sell'.

You weren't in Miller's Ale House at Orange lake on Wednesday evening were you? There was someone that looked very similar to you, I was going to go across and ask but chickened out, lol.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

Thanks for that deacon blue , we will be arriving 3pm Monday hope it's empty !!! Have a great trip..

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

I'll be there in 6 weeks. Was there much of a queue at the counter and how long did it take you roughly from plane to getting in the car at Alamo?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

Hi Deacon. Glad you got there hassle free.

Would you be a able to tell me how far from picking your cases up to the Alamo desk? Did you have to get a shuttle or walk?

Also is it worth doing Alamo save time?

Enjoy your holiday. I'm sure you will!!!

Nufc

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

It's literally 2 mins walk, out if the airport , over the road and turn right , around the building like walking from the strawberry to the turnstile at the toon

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

Hahaha nice one Tony!!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

We go on Monday have done save time and OLCI, saves hassle as all your details are in the system , then out onto red bug road , right onto lake Mary blvd and stop at the 7-11 for a BIG GULP and hot dog.... How sweet it is

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

@Floridashirl, no it wasn't me on this occasion! We are staying up by Sea World this trip. Not got much communication as I can't type well on Kindle.

I would suggest having a $5 note handy for luggage trolley as Alamo is a trek if you have heavy bags.

I was last in line to get car but got a new Focus with only 3 miles on the clock!

Deaconblue

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

Thanks for this, did they give you keys for the car or do you choose from the row of cars?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alamo 'Save time' at Sanford

Last time I was there, the cars were in rows and our allocated car was unavailable, so they bumped us up a catagory , jackpot