We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

I have had a look at both and besides the Decor in the rooms I can't really spilt them.

Looking at the map the main pool is closer to Yacht Club?

Which would you choose. ( looking at 3 nights ) then moving to POR to princess room

Cheers

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,997 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

Beach Club is nearer to Epcot International Gateway, five minute walk:-)

Main difference is the theming.

We stay at BCV every year & it's no great problems getting to. Stormalong Bay from either resort.

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
628 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

Beach Club for the easy walk to Epcot. Also a short walk to the Boardwalk. I have never stayed there but have eaten at restaurants many times. Beach Club for me has a more "Welcome" feel to it.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,296 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

Yacht side seems quieter and more "stuffy". Storm a long bay, I would say, is in the middle. There's a quiet pool at each end (one near Beach club side, one near Yacht club side).

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

Beach club has time shares. Yacht club foes not. I think the yacht club has more conventions. Yacht club has club level rooms Other than that they are pretty similar. more like one big hotel.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,296 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

Beach Club has club level rooms also :)

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

Beach club sounds like the way to go for the family thx :)

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

Hi

We stayed at the Yacht Club last year and it was far from stuffy.

There were many children of all ages staying whilst we were there. I have never stayed at the Beach Club (only visited) so cannot comment on the rooms etc., but the room we had at the Yacht Club was superb. We paid extra to have a garden view, but when we arrive, we were upgraded free to a room that overlooked stormalong bay and the Boardwalk and it was wonderful. My husband remembers fondly watching the fireworks whilst laying in bed!!

I'm sure whatever you choose will be great.

Scally

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,413 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

The first time we stayed at the Yacht & Beach Club (1991 or '92 or so?) we stayed at the Beach Club because we assumed that the Beach Club would be more laid back and the Yacht Club more stuffy. We couldn't have been more wrong. We got there and discovered we liked the Yacht Club a lot more for its decor and ambiance and it has been our main go to place at the WDW resort since then.

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

The yacht Clun rooms do look a bit more exciting!! We be booking this week so a few more days to make up my mind :)

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,270 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach or Yacht Club, what's the difference??

Can you flip your schedule; stay at POR Princess Rooms and then Yacht/Beach? I'm afraid you will be "let down" leaving a deluxe resort for a moderate. I think you will be happier experiencing them in reverse. The Princess Rooms are magical (although smallish), however hotel services and amenities are significantly reduced compared to the Yacht & Beach.

For families, we prefer the Beach Club. For adults, the Yacht Club.

Happy planning!