We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report May 2014

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hull
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report May 2014

Hi,

We,my OH and I travelled to Orlando,Sat 3rd May,just the 2 of us,both 50 years young.

Travelled with Thomas Cook for the first time,been with Delta and Virgin before,so not normally on a charter but the price was very good.Checked in using sundown check in at Manchester,£5 per case,bit slow but got seated together in a 2 row,so window seat as well.Boarding pass said we had to be at gate for 9.25 so booked shuttle for 7,like to be early,on checking live flights sat morning flight pushed back to 11 am take off instead of 10.15, not a disaster!,Went to gate and was given a letter from TC apologising but the ife wasn't working and advised us to go and buy puzzle books for flight and we would get a free drink once on board,well thank you TC! My OH gets bored easily and was dreading 9 hours of him complaining he was bored!!!!! When we got on plane an announcement was made that only some of the ife wasn't working,luckily ours was,so thankful for that.Decent flight,landed on time,then they couldn't get the tunnel attached to the plane,so sat on plane for about 20 mins til they got it sorted,by the time we got off plane,at least 2 others had got in before us,so we were queuing before we even got into immigration hall,after about half an hour someone came round taking people who'd been to US since 2008 and had an esta and took us to the self service machines,don't think it was much quicker really,took us more than 2 hours in total from landing to actually getting out of airport.

We're staying for 3 weeks at Disney Boardwalk and caught the Disney Magical Express to hotel,by the time we got to our room we were shattered,it was probably after midnight at home,had been the worse trip to Orlando we have had but here now and suns shining,so happy now.

Got reservations for BOG later today,so off to magic kingdom late afternoon,emh as well today so open til 2am,we'll see how long we last.lol

Level Contributor
1,051 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report May 2014

Long day travelling for you both but you're there and having fun!! Enjoy BOG and MK - can't wait to read about your first day!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,946 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report May 2014

Have a great vacation enjoy Orlando.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,119 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report May 2014

The one and only thing that puts me off holidays in the USA is the flight and the very very long day of travel

But it's a means to and end sounds like yours was a bit of a pain though

Anyhoo hope you can take it easy for a day and recharge your batteries that's what we normally do

Have a fab holiday

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report May 2014

Sorry you had a rough start.

Hopefully the rest of your vaca will be brilliant!

Thanks for the TR!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
388 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report May 2014

I'm sure it will get better have a great holiday x

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report May 2014

You must be one of the few on here that hasnt posted how quick you got through Sanford Airport .

On a brighter note things can only get better ,lets hope you have a great holiday.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report May 2014

Its orlando international that TCX fly to now nemmis xx

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report May 2014

Really well you live and learn on the Thomas Cook site it states Sanford

…flythomascook.com/cheap-flights/#intcmp=sea…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report May 2014

I think you can get flight only to Sanford and flight only or package (flight and accommodation) to Orlando via Thomas Cook

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,572 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report May 2014

I think you will find it is only MCO now, plus do not fly from any London airport which seems a little strange hey?