We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

Level Contributor
20 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

When we visit Orlando in July we are thinking of visiting one of the waterparks we have never visited a Florida waterpark which is better and why

Wombwell, England...
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

We absolutely love typhoon lagoon,best of the disney ones.

Visiting Aquatica in July this year. I've heard some good reports!!

Level Contributor
952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

I think it depends on those travelling with you

When I visited Aquatica in October 2013 it was my first visit with my Daughter who was nearly 2.

She had a brilliant time, she loved the flumes and beachy area.

The water play park was incredible.

Aquatica is smaller than Typhoon Lagoon, there's still rides suitable for adults and the queues were 5-7 minutes long.

I visited Orlando for my first time in 1995, aged 7 and every 2 years up until 2003 and I loved Typhoon Lagoon. We are visiting both on our next holiday later this year but I think my Daughter will prefer Aquatica.

Level Contributor
952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

If you can advise me on how to add photos I can add some photos of Aquatica and even dig out some photos of Typhoon Lagoon from 2003 if it's helpful?

I'm using the TripAdvisor mobile site through Safari on iPhone

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,559 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

I would do TL as it's my personal favourite:-):-). I just love the wave pool.

That said its a lovely park where we always (nearly) take a picnic, get there at rope drop & stay till about 2/3pm

Very relaxing, (for us) especially as our twins are good swimmers, so I'm not worrying about them;-);-)

Aquatica, although a nice park, doesn't allow you to take food in, so the picnic is out of the question:-(:-(

TL parking is free:-):-) Aquatica charge:-(:-(

Edited: 04 May 2014, 16:12
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,551 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

They've got a new ride at Aquatica which looks terrifying

Level Contributor
952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

Aquatica allow you to take a small cooler with picnic items. No family size portions for example a share bag of Doritos. But single portions for each person are allowed.

Seaworld is the only one that only allows plastic bottled water.

Level Contributor
952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

Also, when we visited Seaworld last year they were offering at Guest Services to enter Aquatica for a discounted price. I can't remember the exact price but it was a lot less than the gate price for Typhoon Lagoon.

I can't add photos to a forum post but I will review Aquatica and add photos to my review if you would like to see.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,559 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

The problem for many though is the "small cooler size" won't hold enough for a family picnic:-(:-(

Have seen a few turned away:-(:-(:-(

Unless of course they have seen sense & increased the size allowed.

Level Contributor
952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

You'd only need enough for lunch. Last time we visited I went on the basis that Adults could go without but my Daughter couldn't.

In one cool bag I took a snack pot of Pringles each. A $0.99 tub of mini Oreos, fruit pots and a sandwich each. We also had 4 refillable cups from Royal Carribean that took up a seperate cool bag.

Seaworld took food off us but Aquatica were only interested in the straws that were attached to the Capri Suns we had frozen to act as an ice block in the cool bag - they made a lovely ice cold drink later in the day

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,559 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Typhoon lagoon vs aquatica

Hi hatti

Its obvious youve never seen one of my DW's picnics.....lol.....

On a serious note though.

Have you seen the size of some of the coolers some people take in??

They come on wheels:-) Some even look like they should have an engine;-);-)

How jelous is she when we catch sight of one of those;-)