We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando international airport

UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Orlando international airport

Hi,

We are flying into International Airport for the first time this year, we usually fly into Sanford.

Having had a look a the airport guide, it just seems so big in comparison to Sanford.

How long does it usually take to clear customs and get your baggage etc? We are travelling I 14th June. I see that you have to get a monorail from the terminal to the baggage claim. Does anyone know what happens when travelling with a baby? We are travelling with a 16mo old,I will check the buggy in and they take it at the gate, but don't normally get it back till the baggage claim, is it far to walk between these points?

Thanks

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
470 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando international airport

When I travelled with Virgin Atlantic last October the buggy was at the baggage reclaim area.

I suppose it depends on your airline

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando international airport

We went with our then 12 month old. We had expected to get the buggy back at the aircraft door but discovered it was at baggage reclaim. You have to walk from the plane to the immigration hall - maybe 5-10 mins, go through immigration, then the baggage hall is right there. It was a bit of a hassle but not horrendous (when we flew with US airways we got the buggy at the aircraft door). I carried the hand luggage & DH had DD. If your 16mo is walking s/he might be ok if you have reins so he can wander to an extent and stretch legs whilst your queuing.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,729 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando international airport

How long customs and getting luggage takes depends to a large extent on how many planes land when your does-it can take 90 minutes or more if a few thousand people all deplane at the same time.Count on at least an hour.Usually when you gate check a stroller,you get it back on the jetway leading from the plane so you have it right away. It is a pretty short walk from the plane to the monorail;once you are in the terminal, it can be a pretty long walk from baggage to your car depending on who you are renting from. MCO is a very large and busy terminal but you can always sit down and rest with the baby.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando international airport

We flew with United and US Airways (separate trips) and got the buggy back at the plane door. I always thought if you took it to the gate when boarding you got it back at the door? I thought it only went on the carousel if you check it in along with cases?

Edited: 05 May 2014, 16:50
UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando international airport

We arrive about 2.30 in the afternoon, so I am expecting it to be busy and it taking at least an hour to get through.

Baby can walk, but at that age, everything that they see need to be examined, or touched etc lol, so that could take awhile letting her walk, plus it being so busy people might not see her and get bashed with cases etc.

I'm hoping we get it at the plane, but previously we've had to get the buggy at baggage.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando international airport

I guess depends day from day but last year took about 35 mins

7. Re: Orlando international airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 07:16