We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
100 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Hi there, has anyone been to either of these restaurants in Disney? We would like to go to both while on holiday, so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if they are worth going to and how good they are?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Well, we enjoy both. Go for it.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

My boys love the Sci fi Restaurant for the theming. Some say that the food is not the best, but we have enjoyed our food and the environment. It is dark and it can be hard to read the menu if you don't have the best vision and the sci fi clips are corny, but fun to watch. We are going to try for reservations again for our next trip.

We are going to try Ohana's for the first time if we can get reservations there. The recommendations in the Birnbaum's travel guide are really good for there.

wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Weve been to both O'hanas is a definite, Good food, and theming. but we aren't a fan of sci fi ,the food isn't great...However the theming is really good, so if you aren't too worried about the quality of the food, and are going more for the experience, then give it a go

Marish

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,242 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Both are good, we like each, but where else are you looking at eating? I like Sci Fi, but I like The Brown Derby better. I like Ohana, but I like Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) better. There are times I might skip Artist Point to go to Ohana because we haven't been in a while or we have people with us who've never been before, but since we know we'll be back, choosing one or the other isn't a big deal.

Level Contributor
100 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Have looked to book Ohana for dinner, one night in the first week of September. But when the prices say $30-59.99 per adult, what does this actually mean? That it will be $30pp or $59.99pp??

Thanks!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Pricing varies with events/season/holidays. What source are you quoting? September is value season, so you should be on the low end of pricing.

We thoroughly enjoy both Sci-fi and O'Hana's. Have fun!

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Done sci-fi cafe twice in recent years and loved both times. Done Ohanas three times, twice for breakfast and once for dinner. Love breakfast but mixed reservations about dinner.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Same as travelbug, love OHanas for breakfast not so keen on dinner. The meat was too much and too chewy and the sides were cold, not for us, we won't be rushing back. There are much better places to eat at WDW.

Woodstock, Maryland
Level Contributor
400 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Ohana is so so. The dinner has changed since a few years ago with some different food and we don't think it is as good. It is very noisy with people running around and not good if you want a nice relaxing dinner. Breakfast is OK.

Sci-Fi is alright for a first time novelty. Food not very good and they repeat the same show on screen over and over, but the grandsons liked it.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ohana and Sci fi Restaurant?

Sci-Fi is a must for me. I'm a big science fiction fan and the drive-in theater theme is awesome. It makes a better lunch location than dinner. The menu is heavy on burgers with a couple other things thrown in. I loved the Turkey Sandwich last Decemeber. We've been 4 times, plus we will go again in June. Mama Melrose and 50s Prime Time have been good dinner locations. I love a good themed restaurant!

I can only comment on Ohana for breakfast, which was good. The character's were fun and my daughter liked it a lot. It wouldn't be my first choice for a future character meal, but I'm glad we did it.