We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with packing!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
help with packing!

Hi! Sorry for the stupid question but. ...do I need cardies or hoodies for night time or is it still really warm? Or what about with air con, is it freezing? I hate being cold but the weather forecasts look hot so don't know what to do! Im planning vests and shorts for day and night but having last minute panic! will I be ok?! Thanks

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,741 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with packing!

Here are the average monthly temps and precipitation, by month.

www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

No, you don't need any outerwear at might.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with packing!

Saturday here was freezing and so wish I packed a hoody, since then it's been lovely and warm. It's 8.00pm and I am sat on the hotel balcony in shorts and a vest top and it's still warm . The only time I want a hoody now is when I am shopping around Walmart, so I just leave a wrap in the car

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with packing!

Saturday here was freezing and so wish I packed a hoody, since then it's been lovely and warm. It's 8.00pm and I am sat on the hotel balcony in shorts and a vest top and it's still warm . The only time I want a hoody now is when I am shopping around Walmart, so I just leave a wrap in the car

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,510 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with packing!

Even when I go in the summer I bring a hoody, I need it for the plane, so then I have it with me in case. I also like to bring a windbreaker in case of rain :)

London
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with packing!

Going this time of year IMO you don't need extra clothing in the evenings, except when going to a restaurant. Then I take a cardi or hoody as their air con is usually bloody freezing.

As princess says, it comes in handy when on the plane too.

Leave room in your cases for all the clothes/trainers/gifts you will be buying lol

Have fun.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help with packing!

I always wear a hoodie/cardigan on the plane so I have one with me but it doesn't take up any space in my suitcase! Always better to be safe. Sometimes I find I need something to keep me warm when I'm in shopping malls etc as the air con can get really cold!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help with packing!

Its pretty warm most nights but bring a hoody or sweater-nights can get cold unexpectedly and restaurants,stores and buses are freezing.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
37 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help with packing!

That's great, thank you. Hoody for the plane and cardy in case :)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
388 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help with packing!

We go to hollister and buy new hoodies at the pointe shops as last time we went I got three for the price I pay for one here . I would have a cardi with me also as I find the plane cold x

Edited: 06 May 2014, 18:25
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help with packing!

Hopefully we are done with the cold weather for now, but slight cool snap is still somewhat possible. So, a sweatshirt is a good thing to have.

I actually keep a fleece or two in my car year-round. Just because it's warm outside doesn't mean it's warm inside. I've gotten it out for my wife often when we get to a restaurant or store or some other place that has the thermometer set too low.