We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hitchin, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

Hi,

My family and I are going to Orlando in June and plan to go to the Disney waterparks as well as Discovery Cove.

I originally looked into getting a waterproof digital camera, but I already on a DSLR (which I'm not bringing on the trip) and in all honesty once we're home any camera I buy is not likely to ever be used again.

I was thinking a disposable camera would be a better alternative and was wondering if anyone knew for sure if they are available in Orlando at somewhere like WalMart. If so, does anyone have any experience with getting them developed? Where would be the best place to do it?

Many thanks!!

Edited: 06 May 2014, 00:35
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

Huh. Whaddya now.

Walmart.com says you can actually still buy them instore.

No idea where you'd have them developed or how much it would cost, because the website conspicuously *doesn't* offer film processing!

I'd sooner buy a small waterproof digital.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

Most Walgreen's drug stores (and there are a lot of them) have a film processing machine. They should also sell waterproof film cameras. I would imagine the water parks would too.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

The website says that yes they do offer film processing -- none of the stores near me can do anything but print digital prints...

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

walmart or walgreens should sell and should be able to process as well

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

but. not. all.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,264 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

If you have a smartphone just get a waterproof case from Aquapac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHvUGWfmFRM

canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

I know in Canada walmarts, they sell waterproof disposable cameras and you can get them developed there too. Curious why are you not bringing your regular camera for other pictures?

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

When I went in 2008 I bought a waterproof disposable camera at Discovery Cove and had the film developed at Walgreens on International Drive. 2 sets of prints for price of one.

They're sure to sell cameras there as well as Walmarts and probably cheaper than at the parks.

Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

I would buy a digital waterproof camera, it's invaluable for waters parks, I use mine all the time in UK.

When we go swimming, to the beach. My friends and family all ask me to bring it when we're taking the children out places.

I too have a DSLR but I also wouldn't take it around water as it's too valuable to me but for Aquatica, Typhoon Lagoon, Seaworld Shamu show (wet zone) it's ideal. I have a Kodak sport c123 and it takes perfect underwater and on land shots. Good all round waterproof camera.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waterproof dispoable cameras & where to develop

I've just bought a waterproof Kodak camera (27 exposures) from eBay. It cost about £5. Not sure if that's a good price or not but I thought it reasonable. I've since read on one of the forums that Discovery Cove sell them. We're going to get ours developed when we come back home as our local asda do it.