We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeper Sofas around Universal Studios Orlando

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sleeper Sofas around Universal Studios Orlando

Has anyone had to use the sleeper sofas that ALL these hotels seem to offer? I am traveling with 2 kids (9 and 6) and 80 yr old Grandma and I hate to have her sleep on a sleeper sofa. From what i recall, they aren't very comfortable.....am I wrong?

I would love to have a suite with 2 rooms (1 king bed), (2 queen/double beds) in the other room. this way, Grandma can have a little space and so can our crazy kids. 8-) But, it seems so expensive. If I book hotel and tickets separately (not thru Universal Orlando.com) then I'm stuck with figuring out how to get to Universal as we won't have a car. I'm finding most shuttles only go to the park one time in the AM and come back late at night.

Any help, advise, experience you want to share, would be GREATLY Appreciated. Private Messages also accepted.

Thank you inadvance!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,247 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeper Sofas around Universal Studios Orlando

I don't blame you, I think everyone should have a bed on vacation, we pay enough...lol Have you looked at the universal partner hotels? Double tree is very popular on here and I think you can walk to the parks from there. Google Universal Partner Hotels, check them out, I don't know the room set ups (beds) though.

Also have you thought of staying on site? The new hotel Cabana Bay supposedly has family suites, again I don't know the set up, but worth checking out. This hotel does not include express pass (the three original hotels do, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock and Portofino). This hotel does have bus service included to the parks. Also free shuttles to seaworld, wet n wild and aquatica :)

2. Re: Sleeper Sofas around Universal Studios Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 07:16
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor