We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barlow capers day one- magic kingdom

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Barlow capers day one- magic kingdom

Hi everyone. We are here all settled in the villa. Still really pleased with it. It's a little bit further out than we are used too but it's lovely so makes up for that and road system is good. Sat nav says we are around 15 minutes from Disney. We have jumped in with both feet and planned magic kingdom for our first day to get the magic started, took the ferry across. I had arranged fast passes for big thunder mountain, buzz light year space spin and meet and greet with mickey. These were all morning fast pass times and it all went smoothly. no problems with them and I was using my app around the park for other wait times which really helped. Although I like the fast pass plus I do feel it takes away the adventure slightly. As it was our first day we ate in the park at the cosmic ray cafe 1 x kids meal with drink and side $5.99 and an adults burger around $15 and I had a hot dog, fries and drink for around $9. wait times in may are not too bad with things sometimes at only 10 minutes.

As it was the weekend the park was busy and the wait times got longer as day went on (90 minutes) we were too tired to stay for the fireworks so we left and went to the publix for our tea items and had the evening in the villa. We weren't sure what the plans were for the next day as would depend on how tired we were. I think we didn't get a lot done today so will need another day at magic kingdom.

Part 3 coming up...

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,909 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barlow capers day one- magic kingdom

Sounds good. It is a bit much with all the planning, but it is what it is :)

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barlow capers day one- magic kingdom

Another great TR!

We were there too, we also thought it was busy. Monday, Cinco de Mayo, all the rain lately, it was probably a good bet ;-)

Thanks for sharing your fun!!

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barlow capers day one- magic kingdom

Perfect first day. It has to be MK and the ferry across. And Starlight Rays for lunch. I feel suitably jealous. Enjoy.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barlow capers day one- magic kingdom

Sounds greatJane, keep the TSS coming😉

5. Re: Barlow capers day one- magic kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:17