We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

Has anybody booked and used the No 1 Traveller Longue at Gatwick Airport that can share their experience?

Reviews seem abit mixed, some saying it's not as good as it used to be.

We will be arriving at the airport around 8-9AM.

We would usually book te V Room but wasn't aware you had to book a package through Virgin Holidays, we have flights with Virgin Atlantic and have booked car hire and accommodation seperately as whenever we've booked car hire with Alamo through Virgin we've always had problems.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

We used the No1 Lounge in the North Terminal, in March this year. We were flying with BA, from Edinburgh to Orlando, arrived Gatwick around 8am and left lounge about 11am.

We had never used a airport lounge before, but were very impressed. enjoyed the comfortable seating and Wi-Fi most. Had a tea/coffee and some buffet breakfast items. Later we had some soft drinks and just before I left had a few gin tonics!!

There were other options for breakfast, I think you could order a hot breakfast roll.

I too had read the reviews and they were a mixed bunch, but took a chance and we were happy.

Booked and paid though Quidco and holiday extras, saved a few pounds.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

I have used south and north (usually south) while still good, not as good as before as you no longer have a (small) included entree. There is just a buffet now with some cereals, snack items, some good quality baked goods and a hot soup. You can pay for an entree if you want one.

The other thing that irritates me, is they will close off the upstairs 'to clean' when it is busy downstairs. Which is irritating when you've sat there for two hours and no one has attempetd to CLEAN it.

It is better than the other Servis lounge which had pretty inedible breakfast stuff in plastic packets though.

Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

Thank you, I will keep my eyes peeled for more reviews.

What kind of food is unlimited?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

the snacks and things left outon the buffet, including fruit, all soft drinks and wine and beer.

You just pay extra for the entrees now that used to be included.

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

Just a tip: It would have cost me £131 for parking alone and £50 for the lounge, but because I booked them together, I got them both for £145. so pretty much got the lounge for less than £15 for 2 people.

Edited: 06 May 2014, 12:15
Surrey
Level Contributor
209 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

Hi hatti123,

I used the No1 Traveller at Gatwick South Terminal (assuming this would be the one you would be using if flying with Virgin) last year and was not massively impressed I am afraid. We were a group of six and it seemed to be a busy time of day hence we struggled a little to get seats and it did not feel spacious. If it had been bigger and less busy then I think my experience may have been different. I believe the one on the North Terminal is much bigger as is the one in Heathrow T3 (I have also used this one and had a much nicer experience and would use again).

Hope this helps, have a great trip!

:-)

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
938 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

But if you're in an airport lounge how can you go around spraying yourself with every perfume in duty free! Takes all the fun out of it if you ask me... ;)

Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

Thanks for your help Girls/Guys!

I think I'll give it a miss, my Dad doesn't eat any fruit, cereals, sauces etc so I don't think a sausage sandwich would cut it for him. None of our party drink any alcohol so that too is wasted.

My Daughter won't appreciate being dragged about in a pram for 3 hours before our flight so the V Room would have been ideal. Shame they don't allow all Virgin customers the opportunity to book.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

If you dont drink, use internet, nor need quiet then you are right. Why not a sit down breakfast someplace and take it leisurely?

but I need internet at times, plus comfort and quiet so will use it on occasion.Just not as good as before is all (but at least the cakes are the same and they were yummy0

Surrey
Level Contributor
209 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatwick Airport Lounge No 1 Traveller

That made me laugh enielle! :-) I liked the lounge as I am a bit of a nervous flyer so to be out of the 'hubbub' helped me :-) Off to Orlando in June though and not doing the lounge this time so will ensure that I spritz myself in duty free! :-)