We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasmic dining package?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fantasmic dining package?

Having a wee look at the things I wish to see/do while in the Disney parks I have came across the dining package for Fantasmic in HS

Would anyone recommend doing this?

Would lunch be better or dinner ?

Which restaurant would you guys go for ? Hollywood and Vine -- Mama Melrose's ?

If I reserve lunch in Hollywood and Vine am I right in thinking there are characters present?

Would I be better just reserving a fastpass+

I have a few dining reservations already booked for most days in the parks and the visit to HS was one of the days we were just going to wing it however this does sound quite interesting

Sorry for all the questions any help would be fab x

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

Hi, we have booked this for when we are there. We wanted to go to Hollywood and Vine, but it was only offering the Star Wars packages that they are doing during May/June, which we are not interested in (never seen a Star Wars film in my life!!) so we went for Mama Melroses for dinner, and then as far as I can see, we can then turn up for fantasmic and get VIP seating.

I think it definitely looks worth it, and it's something different to do, so why not? Plus, if you are a Star Wars fan Micky and Minnie will be at Hollywood and Vine dressed as Star Wars characters!! :-)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

We aren't there until Sept so will miss the star wars oh would have loved it I am thinking may as well cos we gotta eat somewhere

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,288 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

We found the times to be too early for dinner, so we didn't bother. We got to Fantasmic 5 minutes before it started, got right it, no waiting, stood in the back (everyone in the seats in front of us stood anyway through the whole show). This way we were the first out of there (ahead of the 10,000 people in there!!). I don't think you'd have a problem in Sept. getting in :)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

Did u not have to wait at all princess?

I was thinking it would take up a bit of precious park time having another sit down meal but thought I would rather that than que for 90 minutes.

The reservations I have already aren't going to take up park time as 1 is for after animal kingdom closes at Downtown Disney and the other is for a well earned rest in crystal palace as we will be in MK for 15hrs if all goes to plan -- crazy I know but I REALLY want to tick or treat round the park

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,615 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

The Fantasmic package is well worth it in our experience. We usually pick Mama Melrose;sometimes Brown Derby. The seats are right in the middle. We have been at all times of the year and have always seen long lines to get into Fantasmic:I've never seen a 5 minute wait. And we don't like lines;since we are going to eat a table service meal anyway,this plan is just fine with us.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

Personally I wouldnt want to stand through the show, or be right at the back (definitely not both!). But I guess its all down to personal preference. Last year when we went - I didnt see anyone in the seats standing up for any part of the show?

We are booked in for it on 8th June - I will post on here to let you know how it goes!

Edited: 06 May 2014, 16:29
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

LIilac that would be great Do u think it will be generally less busy in Sept ?

Am I right in thinking that I could make a fast pass + option 30 days in advance if I wish not to book the dining package?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,288 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

We did not wait on any line, we got there 5 minutes before it was due to start and walked right in. Standing is not a big deal for us and as I said when we were there as soon as it started the seated people in front of us stood (not saying they do that all the time!!).

Yes you can make a fast pass selection for it, I would do that instead of the dining package :)

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

We did this in March and thought it was a good experience. I asked for our ADR to be as late as possible and 4:30 was the latest I could get. We ate at Mama Melrose.

Even with an ADR the line to check and the wait for our table in was quite long. I think it was almost an hour from getting in line at 4:15 to sitting down at our table. We finished up around 6:00 PM.

It was a LOT of food, I'm pretty sure we left more than we ate. We had a choice of appetizers and entrees. The dessert is preset and shared. I would say our meals were solid but nothing special. I still find the food fairly bland here but we're from Louisiana and used to the heavy use of garlic and spice.

Our server was excellent, no complaints there.

We were given our Fantasmic passes with the check and arrived at the theater around 6:40 for the 7:00 show. People were already lining up for the second performance! The FDP seats are prime and we were front and center, just inside the "splash zone", at request of the girls. The show was full with standees at the back.

I've seen Fantasmic umpteen times so rarely make the effort these days but with first timers I thought the Dining Package was a great use of a Table Service (We were on the Dining Plan) credit.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fantasmic dining package?

We were there late August/Early September a few years back. Although we didn't actually do Fantasmic that time, the parks in general were pretty busy, so I would be very surprised if the Fantasmic shows had no wait, and I would expect the stadium to be packed full.

I guess its up to you how you do it. I am not sure what the seats are like with the FP+ option - maybe someone on here knows? Either way, we looked at it as we have to eat anyway, so the dining plan seemed like a good option :-)