We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Footwear

London, England...
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Footwear

Off to Orlando for week 2 weeks from June 7th and wondering if anyone could give me some tips on footwear?

Looks like trainers are the best option but will my feet get too hot?

Also are flip flops fine for the water parks or bare feet ok?

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
651 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Footwear

Skechers need to pay us for recommendations!

Go walks are fabulous. So comfy for all day at the park. Dry out overnight if they get wet on rides. Machine washable if they get dirty. No brainier !

Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Footwear

I always wear trainers to parks such as universal and Disney. With all the walking you do, you need to make sure you have comfy shoes! Flip flops are perfect for waterparks.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Footwear

Another vote for Sketchers Go Walk, the most comfy shoe I have had. Wore them all the time last Nov with no sore heels or blisters.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,301 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Footwear

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k551294…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k658938…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k521270…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k223520…

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,603 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Footwear

Sasha have a look at the links posted by Vic

There are literally hundreds of answers to your question in them

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,301 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Footwear

"Sasha have a look at the links posted by Vic

There are literally hundreds of answers to your question in them"

Perhaps more by doing a simple search (above). This is what I came up with in 5 minutes.

Level Contributor
952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Footwear

I can third a vote for Skechers Go Walk, lace up or slip ons. Both are so comfortable

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Footwear

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... Skechers Go Walks! If you haven't seen the thread entitled Skechers, then here's my advice: try looking in Skechers outlet stores in places like Mcarthur Glen for them as they are a little pricey. Either that or wait until Debenhams does a 20% off everything event and pick them up from there!

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Footwear

Oh, and to answer your second question- unless you like burning soles, I wouldn't recommend bare feet in water parks. Flip flops are okay but buy some water shoes and you can wear them on the slides and lazy river etc. Saves having to keep taking them off and going back to get them after the slide.

Go Walks are pretty breathable and the 2nd generation new ones have a moisture absorbing and anti odour sole so don't worry about getting too hot in them.

Edited: 06 May 2014, 20:01
yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Footwear

Trainers for me... They give the most support to tired feet and legs... And boy, you will do some walking so make sure you well and truly bed any shoes in first...

I always wear a small pair of trainer socks with them.... Very comfy but stinky by the end of the holidays.

Flip flops are fine for the water parks... Don't attempt to go bare footed or you'll be sorry..... The ground is baking hot in the summer months.