We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping items home ??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Uk
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Shipping items home ??

Hi I am staying at disney in October and I was wondering if anyone has ever sent any parcels back to the UK to save wait in there suitcase ? Also if they have how easy is it to do ? And how expensive is it ??

Thank you

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping items home ??

We did look at this a few years ago, but found it very expensive.

I suppose if may depend on what you want to ship.

Do you send the item tracked, signed for, snail mail, priority, business post, etc?

The list is endless.

Uk
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipping items home ??

Thanks for the reply would you say it's just cheaper to add on another suitcase ??

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,876 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shipping items home ??

Probably. It may depend on the baggage rates charged by youir airline.

Bear in mind also that the "duty free" allowance for an unaccompanied package is just GBP15, and you are required to declare its value as you post it, whatever the contents (so - not limited to things like booze and tobacco - it applies to everything). So depending on the contents, you may also find yourself with a VAT and duty fee to pay on delivery, plus an admin fee from the carrier.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shipping items home ??

its cheaper to pay for an extra suitcase at the airport. I'm not sure how much it cost to ship a package to UK, but for my friends from Saudi Arabia it was cheaper to pay at the airport.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shipping items home ??

Pay for an extra suitcase

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,189 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shipping items home ??

Expats around the world will tell you that it's far simpler, far faster, and far cheaper to just pay the charge for an extra bag.

7. Re: Shipping items home ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:17